FS Meadowlark Kestrel Hotrods

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by lordsummit, Apr 11, 2007.

1. lordsummit

lordsummit moderate mod

I'm reluctantly selling my Meadowlark Kestrel Hotrods, I had hoped to keep them, but the restoration of the Heresy's keeps on getting more and more expensive so sadly they have to go.

They are in excellent condition, with just the odd mark that you'd expect except for where they were cruelly assaulted by a pram. This makes them an absolute bargain. The baffle that is damaged is made of MDF, so a bit of woodfiller, a sand and some black paint and you'd never know it had happened. Unfortunately the sock that covers the baffle suffered a 1cm tear at the same time. This isn't replaceable, but I've turned it upside down and you can't see it at all.

They're beautifully finished speakers, with a real rosewood book matched veneer. They're heavy feckers too, so if you wanted them posting they are in two separate boxes, about £25 a box!

What do they sound like. They have a really well balanced sound. They're not dissimilar to the Harbeth voicing at the mid and the top, but the transmission line loading really enhances the bottom. They can really kick ass. They are a nice easy load and anything from 10 watts up will drive them. I ran them for a fair while on my Manley in Triode mode and never felt short of power. What they do particularly well is tonality and getting that out of the box feeling. The speakers can disappear spookily well.

Reviews can be found, some of them are for the bread and butter Kestrels, mine are the hot-rods, better wiring, better components in the crossover, and considerably more expensive. They were $2000 in the states, about £1500 over here new!

http://www.soundstage.com/rise07.htm#Full_Review

I've attached some pictures including a couple that show the damage.

I'd like £400 for them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lordsummit, Apr 11, 2007
  2. lordsummit

zanash

ooch.............

zanash, Apr 25, 2007
  3. lordsummit

liamjf

These are great speakers at a great price :cool:

Liam.

liamjf, Apr 26, 2007
  4. lordsummit

lordsummit moderate mod

Indeed I think so. I wouldn't be selling them if my amp didn't sound so good with a pair of Klipsch horns. You'd never know the knock was there as long as you keep the socks on. Most pairs go for about £500 so I think the mark down is fair. If you don't please tell me!!!

lordsummit, Apr 26, 2007
Ask a Question