FS Modified Kenwood KT-5020L tuner

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Captain, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Captain

Captain

Up for sale is modified Kenwood KT-5020L tuner. This tuner has had the entire FM tuner information centre mods LINK plus work done on the power supply. The main power supply cap has been changed for a higher value Panasonic FK and a resistor has been taken out to increase voltage to the voltage rail. Also an extra cap in the output was changed to a Rubycon and a Burson Audio Discrete Dual opamp was used LINK. The Burson is mounted on a socket so you can also roll some opamps. Has had a pair of Yarbo Rhodium & Platinum plated RCA sockets added a fused IEC mains socket and the base has been dampened. All work was carried out by professionally by Audio Upgrades.

Here is a link to the FM tuner information centre review of the modded Kenwood were it bettered the Kenwood L-02T. LINK This tuner with the extra mods is a lot better. The Burson opamp really lifts the sound quality.

This was already a very good tuner with no mods you can read a review here LINK (down page a bit) and also a shoot out LINK where it came in at tenth place next to most other tuners.

It is a very sensitive tuner so will work OK without having to put an aerial on your roof. Also in near perfect cosmetic condition.

I have owned many tuners Leaks Troughline with various decoders a Sansui TU-X1, Linn Kremlin and a Naim NAT01 all of which this tuner beats in sounds quality. You can have a read of a tuner shoot out that I done a few years back LINK to see what other tuners I have owned. Apart from my Dynaco FM3 it does not get better than this.

Looking for £250 plus postage

Have circled in red FMTIC mods in red and the extra mods in blue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Captain, Jun 19, 2009
  2. Captain

Captain

sale pending

Captain, Jun 20, 2009
Ask a Question