FS or maybe Swap: Audiophysic Tempo III Jubilee Edition

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by alanbeeb, Oct 13, 2008.

1. alanbeeb

alanbeeb Grumpy young fogey

Hello Zerogainers....

an experiment that didn't quite work out for me... in an attempt to find a speaker that I preferred to my DIY standmounts I decided to try these speakers. Sadly they didn't gel too well with my smallish room, nor with my Karan KAI180 amp. So sadly I'm moving them on. They are 4 ohms nominal, and I'm finding the Karan really prefers well behaved speakers above 4 ohms.

Feedback on various forums from across the AP range seems to suggest they are happy with valves and lower power amps, they don't need high damping factor or tons of power. In fact I should have known this - I had the plain vanilla non-special edition of these speakers from 2000-2003 and ran them very happily with a Sugden A21a, and a 45W Lavardin IT. I think they are rated at about 91dbW.

They are in absolutely perfect condition with all the original packaging, in a lovely cherry finish.

This pair are the Jubilee edition of these highly regarded speaker with upgraded drivers and crossovers, I believe they cost £2800 new 3-4 years ago.

They are big and heavy.... they are both packed into one box which weighs about 60 kg so postage will be very expensive, so pickup would be preferred. I will happily transport them a reasonable distance from Edinburgh for a half-way meet if that suits.

Looking for £900, or serious offers.... and in these credit-crunched times I might be interested in barter for interesting kit too.

some pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

alanbeeb, Oct 13, 2008
  2. alanbeeb

bump

alanbeeb, Oct 19, 2008
  3. alanbeeb

sold

alanbeeb, Oct 21, 2008
  4. alanbeeb

SMEagol Because we wants it...

and very nice too for the lucky buyer... had one of their subs - amazing bit of kit.

SMEagol, Oct 21, 2008
Ask a Question