FS Royd Apex's

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Bourney, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Bourney

Bourney

now surplus to requirements and clogging up my spare room. trying to have a clear out make some room and start from scratch

a medium sized heavy quite rare floosrtander with slanted front baffled and handed L&R, transmission line with rear ports at the top. i know people who have used these with some serious electronics and they sound particularly good with valves.

if you have not heard these they are something special for not much money with a fantastic cabinet quality, mid range to die for. the frequency extremes arent forced one bit but bass goes very deep without being particularly prominent and top end is tidy and sweet.

ive heard them described as a `higher quality' old Ela, as much of the design is the same.

they have the crossover mounted externally on the bass of the speaker & are configured for single wiring (this can be changed apprently). the design seem sway above its original cost and i think you woudl have to spend a lot of money to better these with amodern speaker.

they in generally good condition and a very pretty speaker, the real black ash finish is something special and only marred by a shallow scratch at the bottom on the front of one and a knock on the side near the top of the other and some other very minor marks. these do not detract from the overall look of the speaker.

ill hopefully take some pics later tonight if anyone is interested.
    price
    £140 ono

[​IMG]

i cant stress how good these are for the money..im pretty sure there is nothing for this price that could come close with the right gear.

Bourney, Sep 28, 2006
  2. Bourney

Bourney

bumpski :)

Bourney, Oct 2, 2006
Ask a Question