FS Sonus Faber Signum and Stands

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by JackOTrades, Oct 17, 2007.

1. JackOTrades

JackOTrades

Hello everybody,

I have recently moved to a new home and with a larger living room and so decided to upgrade my speakers.

So I am now selling my beloved Sonus Faber Signums and their Sonus Faber Ironwood Stands.

They really are one of SFs best ever monitors. The midrange is amazingly beautiful and they go lower than they have the right to... but I will not write a review here, you know how good these are.

Here is an online review which has a good picture of them:
    http://202.186.86.35/audio/story.asp?file=/1999/3/04sonus
    They look exactly like in the picture. In any case pm me if you want pics, I can take some and send out.

They are in excellent condition and come with their dedicated (and recommended) stands (normally sold separately). There is a small mark on one of the speakers (wooden box) but it is only noticeable if you are quite close to them and has no impact whatsoever on their sound.

These speakers love valves and are truly musical. They almost never come up for sale and it took me a long while to decide to sell them (basically I had to make double sure I was really happy with my new ones. Suffice to say I spent A LOT MORE to upgrade from these!).

I am asking £850 for speakers and stands.

They will be shipped from Germany and shipping will be charged at cost, depending where they have to go. Let me know if you want a quote.

I hope they go to a good home, as they are too good to keep in a box in the attic.

Cheers,
    Jack

JackOTrades, Oct 17, 2007
  2. JackOTrades

MO! MOnkey`ead!

The review link doesn't work for me.

MO!, Oct 18, 2007
  3. JackOTrades

JackOTrades

Hi MO,

Thanks for letting me know. This is odd though, because the link is correct and it was working when I put the add up...

I tried it now and it didn't work, maybe their server is down...
    I will leave it in case it starts working again. If anyone wants more info on these please PM me I can give you more details!

Cheers,
    Jack

PS: There are some user reviews here if anyone is interested:
    http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/sonus-faber/PRD_120596_1594crx.aspx

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2007
    JackOTrades, Oct 19, 2007
  4. JackOTrades

JackOTrades

bump.

JackOTrades, Oct 22, 2007
  5. JackOTrades

ducterman

.hi .im an interestinged in the sonus faber .can you give me a pice on shipping to uk.also like your opinion on whether a Ear 869 set amp 35 watt class A .will suit the sonus faber sigmun

ducterman, Feb 22, 2015
  6. JackOTrades

JackOTrades

Hi,
    These have been sold a really long time ago... if you see the old post is from 2004!

The EAR might be able to drive them (as it is Class A), but they are low sensitivity (87) and low impedance speakers (4 ohm only if I remember correctly). The amp should have a good current output, so if it can drive 4 ohm speakers you may well be ok.

If it does work, the combination will sound quite good. The Signum are pretty amazing in small rooms or with a nice sub complementing their bottom octave. They are hard to find but worth the effort!

Good luck!
    jack

JackOTrades, Feb 22, 2015
  7. JackOTrades

ducterman

Thanks for the reply.seems that i am a little bit late. .keep looking for a pair,

:p:p:mad:i

ducterman, Feb 23, 2015
  8. JackOTrades

ducterman

Wow only just missed out then..Thanks for the reply and advice.
    I going to keep looking .keep you updated when i manage to track down a pair.
    cheers.eddy

ducterman, Feb 23, 2015
  9. JackOTrades

DSJR

Brightly lit as I remember but staggeringly clear with a walk-in midrange if the system allows it. Good luck with the search..

DSJR, Feb 28, 2015
Ask a Question