FS/SWAP Townshend Rock 7

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by dgotlse, Sep 13, 2012.

1. dgotlse

dgotlse

It's been a long time since I've been here and my first contribution is an ad.

Sorry for that.

So, a couple of months ago, I have looked for a new turntable to replace my VPI Scout.
    I have taken the plunge for a Rock 7 after long readings and advices. It came from www.2ndhandhifi.co.uk who is wellknown here.

Its condition is nice apart a small scratch on the "pole" of the damping trough (pics to come) and it comes with a RB300 (not the 3
    point RB301) , the outrigger and all accessories including the very nice looking Townshend clamp. I'll keep the cartridge (a totally new AT440MLA)

New price without arm and clamp is 1999 £ and the clamp goes for 120£ (insane isn't it ?). So, a new one should go for around 2200 £ including a 2ndhand RB300.

I would like roughly to get the price I paid for it, around 1400£ or better swap it for a non suspended deck.

In fact, this is the reason why I would like to change : I am too clumsy to have it set properly, all those sprungs and levels are too much complicated for me by far

So a nice Stabi S (black ???) would be my best choice, I have alaready owned one and I know how to tame it .

Last review:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue62/townshend.htm

dgotlse, Sep 13, 2012
  2. dgotlse

dgotlse

Weekend bump.

1150 £ for the turntable and the clamp without arm.

dgotlse, Sep 30, 2012
  3. dgotlse

dgotlse

1000£ without clamp

dgotlse, Oct 10, 2012
  4. dgotlse

dgotlse

bump

dgotlse, Oct 23, 2012
Ask a Question