FS Tannoy Monitor Gold 15s & crossovers

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by TonyL, Aug 24, 2011.

1. TonyL

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

I've decided to sell my 'spare' / 'investment' pair of Monitor Golds (I have two pairs).

[​IMG]

A nice tidy original pair with no obvious cosmetic blemishes or faults, the surrounds are still nice and tacky and everything is present and correct. The serials are 102432 and 102962, so pretty close in Tannoy terms. I reckon they date from about '70-71, so about mid-way through Gold production.

[​IMG]

I can give the buyer a choice between two pairs of crossovers as I'm not too bothered which set I keep, one set (pictured) are completely original and untouched, the other very neatly recapped by myself with the switches removed from circuit (Roll Off set flat and Level one click below, which is normal practice if you bypass the switches as they sound a bit cleaner / brighter / crisper). When I modified this pair I did so very slowly, gently and carefully by desoldering the switch wires from the circuit board, i.e. I cut nothing so it is all fully reversible by anyone competent with a soldering iron (I have photos of the original state for reference). The choice is entirely up to the buyer, though if the modified crossovers are preferred I'll need some notice as I'll need to remove them from my listening pair.

[​IMG]

I'm looking to recoup what I paid here, so £1400 and no offers. They will need to be picked up from me in Lancashire as I haven't the slightest clue how to pack these for safe shipping, so I can't offer that as an option. They are hugely heavy and bulky things when you see them up close, pictures never give an accurate sense of scale of these monsters.

Not much more to say really. They are Tannoy Monitor Golds. What more do you need to know?!

TonyL, Aug 24, 2011
  2. TonyL

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

Provisionally sold.

TonyL, Aug 24, 2011
Ask a Question