FS Wadia 301

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by defride, Apr 2, 2009.

1. defride

defride

For sale: Wadia 301.

This unit sounds absolutely wonderful and even better if you pay attention to support etc. I'm happy to sell with or without the Pulsar Points and Audiophile Base as in the pic's in the link. I think they make a real difference. It's a flexible player that can be run directly into a power amp using Wadia's patented digital volume control. It took a £3.5k pre amp to subtly improve on running it direct.

Come's with an upgraded power cord, original manual/paperwork and metal remote. I don't have the original box though I can pack it for transport in a well padded hifi box. There are some marks on the rear of the top plate where it was transported with a power cord on top and not enough packing in between. These are difficult to photograph as they have been mostly polished out and are noticeable only when you look closely. The pic of the top has a window reflection the marks are center behind it.

There is a full review in Hifi+ issue 18. Chris Binns summed up “Quite simply it sounded more natural and far less mechanical than other machines that I have tried in my system, and now it is gone, I will miss it.â€Â

I thought my previous Copland 823 was good. Good though it was the Wadia really showed up its limitations.

I'll finish with a car analogy. Don't spend your money on a top spec new Mondeo when you can try this entry level Ferrari!

Come have a listen, you'll not be disappointed. I've 100% ebay feedback and have purchased successfully from 2 forum members. PM and I'll pass on details if you wish to check.

£1400 with the isolation.
    £1300 without.

Pic's available here:

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/view_topic.php?id=38125&forum_id=5

Cheers.

defride, Apr 2, 2009
Ask a Question