Fun in the sun

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by julian2002, Sep 4, 2005.

1. julian2002

julian2002 Muper Soderator

went for a nice bike ride today here's some pictures..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

new bike arrives tomorrow and schools back so i'm hoping to get some miles on it...
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Sep 4, 2005
  2. julian2002

lhatkins Dazed and Confused

What a nice day it was yesterday, hum ya bike rides, can't wait to get back on mine, gota sort the brakes out first :) Met someone down the put the other week who's into cycling so I'm hoping we can take a few trips out, as wifey can't ride a bike :( . So what that you on the water skies then? :)

lhatkins, Sep 4, 2005
  3. julian2002

ditton happy old soul

now as it happens, I may have a tandem for sale ...

ditton, Sep 4, 2005
  4. julian2002

the pics are from this morning although i went to the same place Marston Vale yesterday too. not me on the waterskis but stewartby lake is great for all sorts of watersports - hopefully they'll get some wakeboarding competitions going there i'd love to go and see that.

julian2002, Sep 4, 2005
  5. julian2002

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Nice one Julian. I've been out every day or so over the past week. Should be picking new front wheel up tomorrow, then got to get my disc installed and set up.... Most of my rides around here start with a nice gentle 800 ft climb....

I-S, Sep 4, 2005
  6. julian2002

yeah it's a bit flat round these parts however the chilterns aren;t far and there's reputedly some north shore style stuff over at chicksands (litterally a 10 minute drive from my house) and some good hilly single track and dirtjump over at woburn (about 20 minutes) so i'll have to try them out some time soon. i've been a bit reluctant to give anythign too taxing a try as i've had no end of problems with my spesh's brakes and gears. i've just been making it up by doing distance and keeping it in a high gear - mind you when you're me wind resistance isn;t trivial.
    cheers

julian.

julian2002, Sep 4, 2005
  7. julian2002

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

What's this 10 minute drive mularkey? What's that... 20 minutes ride? :p

Reminds me of an observation my boss made about everyone fighting for the parking spaces closest to the door at the gym... :eek:

I-S, Sep 4, 2005
  8. julian2002

it would be about a 20 minute ride but it's along a really nasty bit of the a600 which is single carriageway and used by lorries trying to get a shortcut from the a1 to bedford. don;t really fancy riding along it during the day to be honest too many opportunities to be splattered by some mentalist in an artic..
    but in principal you are right... hmm wonder if there's a way across the fields...

julian2002, Sep 4, 2005
  9. julian2002

lhatkins Dazed and Confused

This would be an interesting prospect, its been 15 years since I rode with the misses on a tandom and that was an "interesting" experience, I was toying with the idea of getting a 3 weeler tandom (not that I've actually seen one) as her balance isn't to good, from what I remember she does have the annoying habbit of screaming a lot, can't think why.

lhatkins, Sep 4, 2005
  10. julian2002

lee,
    my 'cousin in law' built a side by side tandem (3 wheeled iirc) - they used it as the 'getaway' vehicle when they left their wedding reception - so it is possible. he was also voted britains most boring man for his habit of collecting the stickers you get on fruit and brown paper. he likes his vintage pioneer hi-fi though so is all right in my book.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Sep 4, 2005
Ask a Question