FunkFirm Linn LP12 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by rollo, Dec 2, 2006.

1. rollo

rollo

Anyone with any input on the LP12 upgrades stage 1&2 Sounds like a worthwhile solution as the Lingo ugrade alone is approx. $1800.00 US.Has anyone tried the motor position @ 7 o'clock in lieu of the stock 11 o,clock. thanks rollo

rollo, Dec 2, 2006
  2. rollo

zanash

the lp12 that funk had at the heathrow show ...that I seem to recall having those mods sounded very good ...most unlike a lp12 though so may not completely suite the lp12 user !

zanash, Dec 7, 2006
  3. rollo

rollo

zanash,
    thanks for the opinion.If you could describe in general the differences,that would be very helpfull
    rollo

rollo, Dec 8, 2006
  4. rollo

zanash

I've never liked what the lp12 in all its guises do/did....for me it was very over rated....I liked the prat but the baby seemed to have been thrown out with the bath water.....

the funk deck seemed to have fleshed in all the areas that I consiudered the lp12 to be weak.....

my tt of choice for many years was the Alphason sonata with the big psu ... this produced a big bold sound picture with vivid and dynamic textures ....unlike the lp12....imo

the funk mods get closer to this....

If you give them a call [funk] they are very helpful you may be able to get a demo of the lp12 against yours.

zanash, Dec 8, 2006
  5. rollo

rollo

zanash, thanks for your opinion.Selling the Linn buying a Terres.Used of course rollo

rollo, Dec 10, 2006
Ask a Question