Futureglass Rack

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by andyoz, Sep 9, 2005.

1. andyoz

andyoz

Anyone seen/used the Futureglass hifi racks seen here

As far as glass racks go, it seems like good value with 12mm glass, etc.

Plan to buy one but will be doing so unseen as there are no stockist nearby. Any experiences?

andyoz, Sep 9, 2005
  2. andyoz

zanash

Why ....except maybe for looks. It will ring like a bell, you'll have so much vibration energy locked up in the rack it will play old harry with the equipment placed on it. No 'o' ring will damp the tubes between shelves, it seems to me there their only to hold the tubes in place. As for the stainless steel bosses blocking the energy ? they will help transmit it ..steel another material that will ring when suitably stimulated.

If you don't believe me try this ....play some music quite loud and then go an see what your windows doing.

A part from that I can't see how these interfaces can be better at sinking energy to the floor than the solid rod approach.

That apart the price is competative and looks pretty good........but do try to hear it first.

zanash, Sep 9, 2005
Ask a Question