GAC-2 AES/EBU XLR cable

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Baudrillard, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Baudrillard

Baudrillard

If anyone's looking for a cheap but decent (although as yet untested by myself) XLR digital cable with quality XLR plugs, then here is where you can get it:

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSea...Search=true&N=401&N=194284&N=202262&x=59&y=19

or even cheaper at RS (rswww.com) on 08457 201201. Part numbers = 1673744 for 1 metre and 1673750 for 3 metres. The latter only costs £13 incl VAT, would you believe!

Oh, and here's the cable itself:

http://www.deltron-emcon.com/pdfs/0030.pdf

This cable was previously recommended on ZG as being great value but no idea how it stacks up to more expensive brands.

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2006
    Baudrillard, Jul 20, 2006
  2. Baudrillard

CogPaul

Taken the plunge and using between Theta Pearl and Benchmark DAC-1. Replaced an old Meridian Blue co-axial lead. Sounds good so far- little bit more "zing" to the treble but not sure about the midband- maybe needs a little run-in?

First AES/EBU I have used so unable to compare to other cables but would be interested to hear comments from more experienced members?

CogPaul, Aug 11, 2006
  3. Baudrillard

Baudrillard

Hi

My 3m run has just arrived. I'll test it recording direct from CD transport to a PC soundcard just as soon as I can get hold of suitable software (Soundforge, wavelab etc).

Baudrillard, Aug 11, 2006
  4. Baudrillard

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I have been using these cables for some time, no complaints.

I-S, Aug 13, 2006
  5. Baudrillard

CogPaul

Hi Isaac- what sort of money would one be looking at to better the performance of these cables?

I have a few older relatively inexpensive (£50-£150) digital co-axial cables ( meridian, siltech, insert audio, sonic link, van den hul) and these AES/EBU cables seem to hold their own in all cases and clearly offer better performance to the majority. The only cable that seems to compare is an old Siltech HF-8i - and it a question of differences rather than superiority of sound.

CogPaul, Aug 13, 2006
  6. Baudrillard

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I've no idea, I have not listened to a great many AES cables.

I-S, Aug 13, 2006
Ask a Question