Getting young people into decent music reproduction

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Purite Audio, May 19, 2010.

1. Purite Audio

michaelab desafinado

Yes, I remember :) Congrats on becoming the member with the highest post count, I can't believe it took that long for someone to overtake me, I've been away for at least 2-3 years :eek:

michaelab, Jun 5, 2010
  2. Purite Audio

Dev Moderator

The voice of reason.

I know a few ZGers (including yours truly) with similar views to yours Michael, and this is one of the reasons they no longer post on HiFi forums (not just here). They are content with just listening to music, whether it's on an all in one box or expensive separates, just seems irrelevant. Even at bake-offs or HiFi shows the hardware seems to take a backseat to the joy of meeting old friends or listening to new music.

Dev, Jun 6, 2010
  3. Purite Audio

nando nando

agree , totally but..!

nando, Jun 6, 2010
  4. Purite Audio

Dev Moderator

If you agree totally there can't be a but.

Dev, Jun 6, 2010
  5. Purite Audio

RobHolt Moderator

When you've been jogging around the block day after day looking at the same old view it starts to become more than a little tedious after a while.
    You can either substitute something for the jogging or move and do something entirely different and more rewarding.

I agree Dev that many have, including yours truly in sort of semi-forum retirement, moved on to other things.

The social part is all important IMO because lets's face it, at the end of the day, audio forums are just a bunch of mostly friendly *nerds and anoraks examining their navels :)

* - Not meant to be derogatory in any way - I like friendly nerds :D

RobHolt, Jun 6, 2010
  6. Purite Audio

nando nando

yes dev, sorry as you know there can be a but,, when can you all make it here?
    ?

nando, Jun 6, 2010
  7. Purite Audio

ovalmarc ovalmarc

Kid's don't listen to music any more, it's just background noise to them they can't just listen to the music.

ovalmarc, Jun 8, 2010
  8. Purite Audio

nando nando

it's sad, the problem also is that the music made now days is more techno and does not need a what we call any form of two channel audio "hi-fi" for the young to be bothered about investing on, downloads, and as you say mobile phones music that or so called is cheaper for them, like i said sad,
    nando.

nando, Jun 13, 2010
  9. Purite Audio

cooky1257

No it isn't.
    When I was a young teenager(1970's) we didn't even have much FM never mind FM stereo-the commercial stations were starting .Radio1 top 40 Sunday night-other than that would be Radio1 am/luxembourg.
    The quality available now is far far higher from an iPod than the average Walkman of the 80's. They are already getting relatively hi fi reproduction. The challenge is to get them onto the next rung (which incidentally only happens to most in their 20's). The hifi foo has fooked it imo with so many things needed/recommended to 'improve' the sound.All this bollocks paradoxically makes it look harder not easier to gain real improvements so they settle where they are /can't be arsed with all that.

cooky1257, Jun 13, 2010
Ask a Question