Gig Report - The Concretes at Nottingham Rescue Rooms

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Uncle Ants, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Uncle Ants

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

Went to see the Concretes last night at the Rescue Rooms and it was a bit of a disappointment.

We went to see them last year and they were great ... bouncy twee Swedish indie pop with Horns but set off perfectly by gorgeous doomy cracked vocals from Victoria Bergsman ... Think height challenged Nordic Ice Maiden, but on that occasion wearing a fantastic bat wing dress and a Crystal Tips wig - its her doing the female vocals on Young Folks Peter, Bjorn and John single. They were ace. Mesmerising even.

In the meantime it seems Victoria has left (this much I knew) but what I hadn't realised is they've done a Genesis and put the drummer on vocals, sacked the horn section, hired a pair of Tufnell and St Hubbins clones from the Spinal Tap clone vat on guitars and morphed into Roxette. They were Dreadful with a capital Duh.

My friend Josie liked it ... but then again she likes Steps

Uncle Ants, Jun 8, 2007
Ask a Question