Girls Aloud - Please shoOt me now

Discussion in 'General Music' started by amazingtrade, Dec 19, 2008.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

My music tastes are pretty much punk, some indie, some pop, some 60's stuff and general rock. I am a typical Absolute radio listener.

I used to be into indie quite heavily, but most the current indie bands are shite. They now all sound completly the same, now there is a band called Girls Aloud who sound like a complete breah of fresh air, rather like Kings of Leon but a different extreme.

So how is it I have ended up liking Girls Aloud I should technical hate them! Is it their sex appeal?

PS I would never stick GA in my HIFI system, it has never seen pretty girls before and I am worried how it might react, and my Cambridge amp is now worth more than twice what I paid for it, so I would not want it to brake.

amazingtrade, Dec 19, 2008
  2. amazingtrade

lbr monkey boy

You Dirty Boy

[​IMG]

lbr, Dec 19, 2008
  3. amazingtrade

RDD Longterm Lurker

:D Exactly what I keep saying to my Indie loving girlfriend, I call them "Generic Indie" - I honestly have no idea who's who anymore and to be honest couldn't give a stuff finding out as I hate all of it not to mention their skinny jeans and "afro on a white guy" hairstyles :chair:

I'm finding I have more and more time for anyone that sounds unique or recognisable these days (some I won't even mention!), I'm glad someone else shares similar views.

Oh and Girls Aloud are pretty much the best pop band out there at the moment IMHO, though they've gone off the boil, haven't liked any of the last three singles :(

RDD, Dec 19, 2008
  4. amazingtrade

myles

They don't make any sense, 'Walking Primrose'? I suppose no woman makes much sense, then multiply it to the power of 5.

myles, Dec 19, 2008
  5. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I spend a few hours in the office before going out each morning.

Just about everyone likes girls aloud. It's funny watching everyone, male, female 20-60 year old, indie kid, grandad rock.... all asking to turn the radio up and having a little sing along.

Makes my morning.

MO!, Dec 22, 2008
  6. amazingtrade

mr cat Member of the month

yeah, I'm in my late 30s - and I used to love indie stuff - and just about rebel against the chart stuff...but I do have a soft spot for girls alouds etc... :)

just listening to the radio driving home now - kings of leon and sex is on fire was on - brilliant track - then followed by the pixies and monkey gone to heaven - I used to adore the pixies (got all their stuff and seen them live back on the day) - but listening to this pixies track it just seemed to flat and dull...

mr cat, Dec 22, 2008
  7. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Sex On Fire is a brilliant song but I do get sick of hearing it as on a saturday night I probably here it 5 times in different bars/clubs.

I think indies big attraction was that its different but now indie is just chart it has losts its appeal. I support Goldblade for that reason, John Robb's band will never had a top 40 hit :D.

amazingtrade, Dec 22, 2008
  8. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Has anyone else heard the rumours King's actually put out an apollogy for the album due to it being piss poor?

MO!, Dec 23, 2008
  9. amazingtrade

mr cat Member of the month

no...was it the actual music, or sound quality..?

haven't heard any of their albums tho...

mr cat, Dec 23, 2008
  10. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

The music itself I believe.

MO!, Dec 23, 2008
  11. amazingtrade

weald-audio

we had a new vinyl copy, that was unplayable.

weald-audio, Dec 23, 2008
Ask a Question