Glasse CD lathe Sound mprover - anyone tried this?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by larkrise, Sep 22, 2006.

1. larkrise

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

I thought Pete was being serious earlier in this thread and now realise I have been taken for a ride because he is clearly laughing at us all. Nice one Pete, I take my hat off to you.

garyi, Sep 25, 2006
  2. larkrise

Garmt

Actually, I have not used the Gläss yet (also, I have not stated such in this thread). I HAVE used all sorts of green and black pens and they do work. So I can imagine this works even better.

Using a green pen, it takes rid of the digital 'edge' on a lot of recordings, making them more natural, but that's about all. The RD-2 works by making the sound less 'stressed', giving a sound in which you have a blacker background, better separation of instruments and a more fluid sound. It really works amazingly well.

I will soon have a Nespa Pro and I also would like to invest in the RD-2 soon. Maybe also the Gläss, so I can compare them all :)

Garmt, Sep 25, 2006
  3. larkrise

PeteH Natural Blue

OK, it's a fair cop, as I hope most have realised :) . Trimming the edges off your RAM sticks isn't any sillier than shaving your CDs, though to be fair that's only because nothing is sillier than shaving your CDs. And no, I haven't frozen anything, filled my computer case with granite, painted CDs funny colours or used megawatt power supplies in the quest for "better sound". I thought it might be fun to try to invent something that might be deemed too silly even by the hardcore, but it's quite tough to overcome their tolerance for the ridiculous - and in any case, no matter what you come up with, probably somebody somewhere has tried it and "heard a difference".

I'd like to take this opportunity to express my wish that nobody ever drill holes in their computer's RAM modules.

PeteH, Sep 25, 2006
  4. larkrise

mosfet

Go for it!

I'll have two bags of terrier poo please. :)

mosfet, Sep 25, 2006
  5. larkrise

Garmt

You are more gullible than most... ;)

Garmt, Sep 25, 2006
  6. larkrise

Garmt

Wait while I pull some of that out of my ear...! :D

Garmt, Sep 25, 2006
Ask a Question