Glastonbury

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gulliver, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Gulliver

Gulliver

I've just managed to get a combined coach and festival ticket to Glastonbury!

I do have to travel on the Wednesday, but "Am I bovvered?"

If anyone else has registered and not had any luck, why not give it a go? It seems some people aren't so desperate to go, that they will go down a day earlier.

Their loss.

Gulliver, Apr 26, 2007
  2. Gulliver

la toilette Downright stupid

After failing to get tickets on the two main release days when they sold out very quickly, my other half has scored a couple via a local paper competition. Still have to pay for them, but they're in the bag :D .

Loads of good acts already confirmed, should be good as long as it doesn't piss it down like it's been doing this week, and especially today!

la toilette, May 13, 2007
  3. Gulliver

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

It aint a proper glastonbury without rain and mud

themadhippy, May 14, 2007
  4. Gulliver

Hmmmm....in which case I'll settle for a non-proper Glasto'.

TBH I think I must be verging on too old for it all, as I'm already contemplating borrowing the in-laws Toyota people carrier so that I can retreat to that for a good nights sleep instead of camping, ha ha.

Last time I went was in 2000, the last year that they put it on without all the extra security, and it took me a good 4 years to forget the stink of the drainage ditches that people had used for toilets. I'll never forget the image of some bloke trying to jump over a ditch, only to slip on a freshly pissed on bit, and slide gracefully into the mire. Teehee.

la toilette, May 14, 2007
  5. Gulliver

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

Forget the people carrier idea already, the security in the car parks don't take too kindly to people sleeping in their cars... you have to either camp, use a proper campervan or travel in and out each day.

My housemate Dom and I both managed to score tickets on the first sale, looking forward to it and not at all bothered if it rains. The mud just makes you even more determined to have a good time if anything! Plus, you get to laugh at people mud wrestling etc... even occasionally see the odd chick get involved :)

ilockyer, May 24, 2007
  6. Gulliver

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

OH yes!!! Can't wait.

Sorry Les (Mad Hippie), but the last mud year was a real pisser. Try dealing with GP contact lenses with Biles disease all over the place - not nice. Good bout of gastroenteritis too when I got back. But hey, my tent didn't leak (despite the 10 hour deluge on the Friday!).

Let's hope the new tent holds up as well this year. Every festival I went to last year got rained out and it handled them OK.

If Glasto's a muddy one this year, I'll be gutted. With my dad dying 20 minutes into New Year's Day this year, I'm hoping the karma will make it a hot one, since this coming NYE'll be a dead set bummer!

domfjbrown, May 25, 2007
  7. Gulliver

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I came in from work yesterday and found my brother on the phone with pen and paper in hand. He gave me a cheeky wink as he talked to the woman on the phone....

He's started stocking a new beer and it's not been selling to well. He'd been on the phone to the supplier and asked if they could sort any proMOtional stuff out. They MOved from discounts to the top 20 albums. I heard him ask "anything MOre than the top 20?..."

She called back a few min's later and said how about some glasto tickets?

Now, he's meant to use them for proMOtion and is thinking of tying it in with the weekly quiz. But c'MOn! Surely he should be giving them to his loving, caring, amazing older brother?

So, anyone in the Newport area, they'll probably be up for grabs next MOnday!

MO!, May 25, 2007
  8. Gulliver

So, where's the best place to buy cheap wellies? :cry:

Ah well, I'll take plenty of scrumpy, disposable old clothes (so I don't have to drag them home again), and hope for the best...
    :guiness:

:guitar:

:MILD:

:(

:chunder:

la toilette, Jun 19, 2007
  9. Gulliver

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

AVOID THE BROWN ACID,its not poison,its just bad acid man

themadhippy, Jun 20, 2007
  10. Gulliver

Brown acid? Everything's bloody brown at Glasto! My other half has some viral illness so couldn't make it to the festival so I went in for the day and came home again last night (I only live about 15 miles from the site). Jesus, I'd only been there for about 30 minutes and I was soaked by a complete downpour; stuck in the middle of the field in front of the pyramid stage with nowhere to escape from the rain. Fortunately I was in the acoustic tent for much of the following rain, and the clouds parted somewhat during Amy Winehouse and eventually we got a bit of sun (big cheers from the crowd every time it peeped through).

Plenty of mud-monkeys sliding around in the mud, and was lucky enough to see two girls having a full-on mud wrestling match on my way out :D. In some ways I was lucky that I wasn't able to drink, as it meant that I was a bit more aware of where I was walking and didn't need to visit the toilets very often. The mud was hilarious actually, the consistency of slightly watery custard, and thousands of feet tramping through it made quite a nice sound!

la toilette, Jun 23, 2007
  11. Gulliver

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Anymore updates from anyone?
    Or still trying to free yourself from the mud?
    Bjork and Chemical Brothers looked great on tv at least.

MO!, Jun 27, 2007
  12. Gulliver

Overall the weekend was almost an absolute disaster for me and my other half. I managed to see about 7 bands on Friday and only 2.5 on Saturday before we had to leave due to the missus feeling bad. I didn't even bother on Sunday having seen the state of the car parks on the previous two days; I didn't fancy getting stuck in the mud and the continuous rain on Sunday morning completely put me off.

That said, I got to see Amy Winehouse, Super Furry Animals, the Coral, the Fratellis, and the Bees, who were all good. I thought the Klaxons were shite, and I gave up on the Cribs and the Earlies as they didn't grab me. Also saw a couple of acts in the acoustic tent that were OK, can't remember the names but one did a good version of spongebob squarepants! Disappointed that I missed out on so many good acts, but thankful that the beeb have captured many that I can watch at my leisure on the pc, not quite like the real thing though :(.

It was a real shame that the weather was so awful, but I'll be going again in the next couple of years regardless. And hey, I still have a huge stack of booze that I bought for the weekend but didn't drink, so I'll be sorted for a few evenings! ;)

la toilette, Jun 27, 2007
  13. Gulliver

MO! MOnkey`ead!

That would probably have been Newton Faulkner.
    http://www.myspace.com/newtonfaulkner

MO!, Jun 29, 2007
Ask a Question