Goertz speaker cable

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by badchamp, Jun 11, 2004.

1. badchamp

badchamp Thermionic Member

Have 2 2m lengths of Goertz MI2.

Unfortunately new room considerations mean I need a longer length. Anyone know if its possible to join the two together as I can't really afford to fork out for a new 6 m length and have a spare single 3m length wasted.

Cheers
    Jeff

badchamp, Jun 11, 2004
  2. badchamp

tones compulsive cantater

I'd never buy a cable called Goertz on principle. My younger daughter's maths teacher is called Goertz and he's the biggest horse's rear-end (or more accurately the spherical product thereof) ever seen! And that's even before I put on my cable sceptic's hat...

FWIW, I had the same problem with my QED stuff - I needed to extend the length from 10M to 11.5M (something like that). The shop said that I really should buy complete new 11.5 lengths. I told the shop to drop dead and bought one 3M length, which I cut in two and joined on to the other stuff using those screw terminals that they sell in long strips. The "before" and "after" cables sounded just the same.

tones, Jun 11, 2004
  3. badchamp

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Id flog it (it should go quick enough) and buy another second hand set from audiogon.

Chris

bottleneck, Jun 11, 2004
  4. badchamp

analoguekid Planet Rush

This was discussd at lenght a coupla weeks back on HFC. The maths behind it suggest that any differences in the lenght would be unoticable unless lengh5t ran to about 13k km or something, but if this having different lengths/joins bothers you then maybe you should sell and get some the right length. If not then try 2.5mm T&E:cool:

analoguekid, Jun 11, 2004
Ask a Question