Got a couple of interviews next week

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Sep 3, 2005.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I have already had one but I turned down the second interview as it was a sex shop for transsexuals and it was all a bit strange. (I didn't know this until the interview).

I have an interview at a fairly well known car auction site and one at a furniture company next week. Its strange all the interviews I have got are for fairly well paid jobs, where as the £12k jobs don't even get back to me. The lower ones that do say I have not got enough experience but the higher paid jobs said thats not a problem? :confused: The problem with the higher paid jobs is that I am competing with people with better education so its a bit of a catch 22 situation.

I guess the higher paid jobs are looking for new graduates and the very highly paid (£25k+) jobs are looking for graduates with lots of experience. The lower paid jobs probably want more work experience over qualifications.

I am going to spent this weekend refreshing my skills so I am confident in the interviews.

It could still take months yet but at least I am getting response from employers. I am just making the most of my unemployment and I am going to probably have to go on the dole on Tuesday as I am running out of money and I can't afford to keep my stupid pride up.

amazingtrade, Sep 3, 2005
  2. amazingtrade

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

just cause you didnt want to go all the way up the bury road to heaton park aint any excuse

themadhippy, Sep 3, 2005
  3. amazingtrade

Haha it seems its quite a famous place. I didn't even notice it they asked me in the interview if I saw the shop over the road and they were surprised when I said no.

A few people have told me that area is really famous for it since, as I am from south Manchester I don't know that area at all. Next time I am in Heaton park I will not be asking an attractive woman out :D

One of these interviews is a bit of a problem though, its in Bootle and I will probably have to move out as it will take 2 hours via public transport.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2005
  4. amazingtrade

Decca

Sex shop, car auctions and a furniture firm, do they have anything in common or are you seeking any job in any sector

Decca, Sep 3, 2005
  5. amazingtrade

They all have mail order e-commerce websites :) When looking for a development job the sector dosn't really matter, idealy I would like to work in the public sector but I don't really have that choice. I can be a little bit picky though, i.e not wanting to work in a sex shop which transforms blokes into women.

6. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Why not?

MO!, Sep 3, 2005
  7. amazingtrade

Many reasons which are best left out of this site as I do not wish to start WW3 :)

But the short answer is I know nothing about it and I would not feel comfortable with it. At least with somthing like cars its somthing I know a bit about.

8. amazingtrade

mr cat Member of the month

all the best anyway AT...

mr cat, Sep 5, 2005
Ask a Question