Grado SR60'S ADVICE

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by peez, Mar 31, 2008.

1. peez

peez

Hi all,
    just got a pair of these, never been into "phones but a rellie in the u.s got them for me for £35 - good price
    The foam pads are full and complete, yet ones in pics have the middles cut out, am I supposed to do this? or is it model variation. all the replacement pads on ebay i have seen have holes too???

advice and guidance appreciated - cheers.

peez, Mar 31, 2008
  2. peez

smegger68

SR60's are the only model to have the complete foam pads. All the others from SR80 upwards have a higher spec pad with the hole in the middle.

They are interchangable between models though, so if you prefer the hole in the midddle pad you can order some and fit them no problem.

I am going to be replacing the pads on my SR60's again soon, the standard foam discolours after a couple of years so im going to try the hole in the middle type this time myself.

smegger68, Apr 6, 2008
  3. peez

peez

Thanks for that, i was wondering if the others would fit the 60's , how long have you had yours? and what head amp do you recommend with Grado's, i know they do their own but have read mixed reviews. i just got a xcan v2 from ebay for them but its a bit on the harsh side so have ordered new valves to improve matters.

peez, Apr 8, 2008
  4. peez

smegger68

I've had my SR60's for about 8 years now. See no immediate need to change them!

I use a Rock Grotto Modified BT Tech BT928 amp - cheap to buy and after the mods all I'll ever need. I'd recommend Rock Grotto to anyone, he can do mods to your MF unit too.

smegger68, Apr 10, 2008
Ask a Question