Graham Slee Elevator EXP setp-up custom BATTERY PSU!!

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by monty99, Feb 2, 2010.

1. monty99

monty99

Selling my Graham Slee Elevator EXP step-up - highly adjustable/configurable to just about every cartridge out there, regardless of whatever weird and wonderful impedance setting. Good solid 24db gain (approx 1:12 step-up ratio).

Works fab and is ideal in a situation where a step-up has hum problems - this is pretty much silent especially on the battery PSU. I've used it both into tube MM phono stages and into a Slee Revelation MM phono stage.

Comes with the standard Slee PSU, a 24v linear PSU I put together myself from about £90 worth of RS parts, and a 24v lead acid battery PSU with smart charger. This is 2 x12 motorcycle batteries, with a 'scooter' Intellect charger.

The unit needs powered continuously but it uses so little current I've never managed to make it run out - a week on battery power, it still works fine. It's switchable so that you can run on battery or the linear PSU, and if you want to leave it running all the time (as Slee recommends) after a battery listening session, just flip it over to the linear PSU to extend the time between charges. I charge it about once a week at night.

Why am I selling? I think the Koetsu works marginally better into my Conrad Johnson tube amp with a high-grade step-up, though it's a close-run thing: only one of the five SUTs I've tried so far was superior and that used some pretty rare/expensive transformers. In nearly every case, the Slee had more 'life' in the music, better detail and better bass. Worth a try if you are finding your SUT noisy or weedy.

List price is over £500 with the Slee PSU, I'm selling with all three PSUs (Slee, custom Linear, and 24v battery with smart charger) for £350 including the courier.

monty99, Feb 2, 2010
  2. monty99

monty99

sold

monty99, Feb 3, 2010
Ask a Question