Gremlins in my LP12

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by tones, Nov 16, 2003.

1. tones

tones compulsive cantater

It has acquired characteristics that are widely sought in the business world - it's a self-starter. It's Valhalla-equipped, by the way. When I switch on the power that runs all the hi-fi, it starts up too, even though I didn't switch it on. It was probably spinning for hours before I noticed. Once switched off, it stays off. Not a real problem, merely a nuisance. Any ideas on what to do, other than (a) take it to your Linn man and/or (b) fit a Lingo?

tones, Nov 16, 2003
  2. tones

Paul Ranson

It seems your Valhalla has a minor electronic problem. The obvious solution is to buy a Lingo.

(Or repair or replace your Valhalla. Perhaps your dealer has some kicking about)

Paul

Paul Ranson, Nov 16, 2003
  3. tones

notaclue

I have a Linn Axis that does/has always done this. But was told by dealer that is was normal for a Linn Axis. A bit of a silly thing to leave as 'normal' if you ask me.

notaclue, Nov 16, 2003
  4. tones

tones compulsive cantater

Thanks, Paul, but the Lingo comes at a stiff price in Switzerland! I might just put up with it.

tones, Nov 16, 2003
  5. tones

cnecfu

gremlins in my Axis

Hello;
    I had the same issue with my Linn Axis, we would have a power glitch it would run all day. came home several times it was running.

cnecfu, Dec 11, 2003
Ask a Question