Had my op (at last)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MO!, Aug 7, 2004.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Well it's took yeeeears of waiting! But finally had my tonsils out on thursday.

Aswell as the tonsils, there was something else which I can't remember what they called. A funky little growth thingy which they chopped off. They've sent that off for tests and should let me know in about 4 weeks when I have to go back for a check up.

It hurts like f@#k, but suprisingly not as bad as I expected.

The worst thing was the boredom, I had to go in on wednesday 3pm and ended up sitting about doing nothing all day. A couple of forms and such which took about 20 min's altogether. Then the op was about 3pm the following day! Don't know why I couldn't have just gone in thursday MOrning!!!

Being put to sleep really spun me out. Only ever had local before. People had told me general was quite trippy, but I still ended up confused. I was asking the nurse who was next to me "is it meant to take this long" thinking that when I was waking up, I was still drifting off! And Telling her my throat was sore, as I thought it was just aching due to the injection! :D

Funny thing was, I was in a room on my own when they gave the injection. And the guy who did it was well over 6ft and Indian looking. Then when I woke up and was wondering how come it was taking so long, I was in a recovery room with a few other people and the nurse who was next to me was a short chinese woman! :lol: easy mistake!

Now for two weeks of boredom :(

Will hopefully be worth it after having many years of throat, and throat related problems though :)

They didn't really give me muc after care advice though. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2004
    MO!, Aug 7, 2004
  2. MO!

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Mo, glad you've had the op. Sounds like you're on your way to recovery, which is great news :)

Chris

bottleneck, Aug 7, 2004
  3. MO!

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Recovering is the worst part, when I was recovering form my hernia operation (I could't walk for two weeks afterwards and wasn't back to normal till about 6-7 weeks after) I made a website which is not finished just over 2 months later!

I hope you get better soon, I remember when I had my op done I was there for hours afterwards, first my bladder was playing up, then I was sick all over a nurse the final straw was when I felt I was ready to go home I fainted due to a severe drop in blood preasure.

I am fully recovered now though, I was lucky it was a serious life threatening hernia so I had the operation 2 months after it was diagonosed, if it was a normal one I would still be waiting now.

amazingtrade, Aug 7, 2004
  4. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Ahem........

.......... MOre sympathy please............

MO!, Aug 8, 2004
  5. MO!

sideshowbob Trisha

There there, it'll be all right. :D

Nothing serious, probably just your knob.

Get well soon old chap.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Aug 8, 2004
  6. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

why thankya kindly!

I wont say "it can't have been my knob, as it was in my MOuth!"

As I can see where that would go.....

Keep em comin :)

Poor poor me :(

MO!, Aug 8, 2004
Ask a Question