Happy 50th Birthday Fender Stratocaster

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sgt Rock, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Sgt Rock

Matt F

Nearly - he had to play (very well) to be thus named.

Matt.

Matt F, Sep 28, 2004
  2. Sgt Rock

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Bah.

Claptons music is simple, easy to play and slow. He plays very tastefully though.

His slow playing earns him the nickname 'slowhand' imitators are said to have 'the clap' in guitar circles.

I do like a lot of his stuff, but its very tame, very proffesional, very formulaic and very dull at times. If he was a pop band he would be simply red.

PS
    I suppose it depends what you learned to play on. For me, I learned on a strat, so its the easiest most comfortable guitar in the world. I dont play one because I wanted a different sound... you cant knock the iconic nature of the instrument, a 20th century design classic without a doubt.

bottleneck, Sep 28, 2004
  3. Sgt Rock

Matt F

Does anyone remember the Bender Distortocaster? It came out years ago but I saw one for the first time in the flesh today in a shop in Bristol - take a look at this:

[​IMG]

Apparently, it plays perfectly. I would have loved to have come out playing one of these when I was in bands just to have seen the faces of the audience!

Matt.

Matt F, Sep 29, 2004
  4. Sgt Rock

Matt F

Christ - he does a 'Jellycaster' too:

[​IMG]

And something for the bassists:

[​IMG]

In fact, take a look at the guys website - some top stuff on there: http://www.brianeastwoodguitars.co.uk

Matt.

Matt F, Sep 29, 2004
Ask a Question