Harbeth ls3/5as in Walnut + Classic Gear Clearout

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by nat8808, Oct 29, 2009.

1. nat8808

nat8808

I'm raising some funds for a pre-amp, maybe also some monos I've found for sale so having a small clear out!

Harbeths:

In central London - £750 ono

They are in superb working order. Nice matched walnut veneer (tell me if it's not walnut..), with badges, grills good too. Drivers fully match the serial numbers - so all original. I'm the second owner.

Cosmetically pretty good - great from seating position, can see marks close up. Small dent on one rear corner and 4mm square bit of veneer missing on top/side edge. Original rubber feet.

I'm happy to deliver for petrol costs within a couple of hours drive - also may be going up the M1 - M6 towards Chester at the end of the week or beginning of next, so free delivery there if you're on the way.

Pics to follow!

Harbeth apparently spent more time than most in matching drivers to the crossovers and with each other for their ls3/5as - maybe explains their place at the top of the Hifi News LS3/5a comparison in hifi news in 2000 or so.

Would prefer cash with collection/delivery (then you can check them out beforehand) but can do cheque, bank transfer or PayPal if shipping. Very happy to ship around the country and abroad too.

Also for sale: (I'll post pics of other stuff in separate posts as I get interest)

DNM Series 3 Twin pre-amp with manual (near mint with expertly glued crack under power supply case that is unseen) - £420 - Provisionally Sold
    Helius Orion 10" arm with silver wiring throughout (near mint) - £375
    Meridian 208 with 209 remote, all lettering intact (excellent) - £330
    Meridian 200 transport with standard philips remote (excellent but one segment out on display) - £150
    Meridian 263 DAC (near mint) - £180
    Sansui C2101 and B2101 pre-power - mid-eighties Sansui heyday set ~ £430
    Acoustic Energy AE1 stands - £110 - Provisionally Sold
    Linn Basik LVX (mint) - £110
    Ortofon MC10 Super (excellent condition) - £50
    JBE slate turntable (lid good, nice clean unmarked slate - I stripped, cleaned, oiled the bearing and rebuilt it fairly recently) - £110
    Heybrook HB100s in dark wood - £80

Maybe a Pink Triangle PT Too and some Celef PE1s..

- Nat

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2009
    nat8808, Oct 29, 2009
  2. nat8808

nat8808

Harbeth LS3/5a pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- Nat

nat8808, Oct 30, 2009
  3. nat8808

nat8808

Harbeths SOLD!

JBE SOLD

Helius and DNM provisionally sold

AE1 stands provisionally sold

nat8808, Nov 5, 2009
  4. nat8808

dave2832

Meridian 200 transport

Nat,

do you still have the Meridian transport for sale?

Dave

dave2832, Jan 3, 2010
Ask a Question