Hearing Marco's system again.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Steven Toy, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Steven Toy

The Devil IHTFP

>>...Marco lives in Wales and has a small one, Bub lives in Scotland and has a big one.... -- ReJoyce

LOL! Many a true word is spoken in jest :) .

Alex is coming up at some stage in the New Year, I've heard good things about you from the Count and Mr PD, so do you fancy joining him?

You could do a "readers' wives" piece for Hi-Fi+.

The Devil, Nov 28, 2003
  2. Steven Toy

Alex S User

James, Jason is a family man now and has much more important things to do than travel long distance to listen to that pile of junk you call a hi-fi system (I, on the other hand, haven't). BTW are you really getting the ATC pre?

Alex

PS Just so I know, is 'Sauer' pronounced 'Sewer' or 'Sour'?

Alex S, Nov 28, 2003
  3. Steven Toy

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Jason the mild mannered Hifi + part time scribe, jaded sarcasam, you'll get the hang of it :) but more practice needed.
    Tis Friday and you guys are being normal, JW been putting the thumb screws on, or have you had the letter 'm' removed from your keyboards today.

wadia-miester, Nov 28, 2003
  4. Steven Toy

mick parry stroppy old git

Marco

I think you should buy a bigger house in the posh part of a town far away from Wrexham and then you can take the piss out of Bub.

Come on admit you would love that,

Regards

Mick

mick parry, Nov 28, 2003
  5. Steven Toy

The Devil IHTFP

Alex

Any chance of him taking some mucky pics of her indoors?

The Devil, Nov 29, 2003
  6. Steven Toy

michaelab desafinado

English people would usually pronounce it "Sour" (which is in fact what the word means in German) and that is close the correct pronunciation which is "Zauer" or, more phonetically, "Zower". An initial "S" in German is pronunced like an English "Z", whereas an initial "Z" in German is pronunced "Ts" eg Zu (meaning closed) is pronunced "Tsu" and not "Zoo".

Michael.

michaelab, Nov 29, 2003
  7. Steven Toy

Markus S Trade

Perfectly correct.

Markus S, Nov 29, 2003
  8. Steven Toy

Marco

It's such a hard life...

Mick, old chap, how can one be expected to unearth such a residence whilst living in the environs of widespread inner city deprivation? Why only last week, I was diagnosed by my doctor of having an advanced case of 'council estate trauma', no doubt caused by the angst of one's dwelling being situated so near to such severe hardship and destitution ;)

No, old bean, one is perfectly happy where one is. I have a lovely old lodge set in its own grounds far enough away from the riff-raff so as to reduce the fumes of 'Mad Dog' and 'Thunderbird' to a mere whiff. Besides, one considers having a large garden, garage, loads of space to park cars, and no immediate neighbours liable to be affected by the sound of one's hi-fi (thus enabling one to play music as loud as one wants as often as one wants) far more desirable than having a tenement flat in Glasgow with a 'big room', no garden, and no private parking facilities worthy of the description :p

Mick, as an aside, have you ever considered investing in property? If not, I thoroughly recommend doing so. It can be very profitable. :) Renting out my villa in Tuscany to English tourists, along with flats I own both in Glasgow and Wrexham to university lecturers, provides me with a very nice additional income. James should appreciate this with him being such a property snob :MILD:

But, Mick, one of the best deals I've ever done was when I sold my house in Glasgow before I moved to Wrexham to allow my wife to be near her mum. What a profit I made! Buying and selling property (at the right time) really is rather good fun. If I wanted to take the piss out of bub, as you suggested, I'd simply ask him to check out how much four bedroom detached Victorian properties generally sell for in Newton Mearns, Glasgow. Then, just maybe, he'd get an inkling as to the real reason why I don't have a mortgage on the lodge in Wrexham ;)

Regards,
    Marco.

[Who's now off to a meeting with his asset management consultant]

Marco, Dec 2, 2003
  9. Steven Toy

Marco

Quote..."Mick, as an aside, have you ever considered investing in property? "

The answer to that is yes.

I own 2 houses which I rent out and a jolly nice little earner it is to. There is a housing shortage in Swindon, so the market is weighed heavily in the Landlords favour. I charge about 10% below the going rate and as a result, I still have the original tenants. As Del boy would say....luverly juverly.

I am also in touch with several Spanish estate agents and I am currently considering the purchase of a 4 bed villa in southern spain. It has a double garage, a pool and a dream of a kitchen.

I have a friend who owns a similar property not too far away and he is doing nicely on the rental side. Also Spainish property is a good investment due to well heeled Brits coming over in droves, either to buy or to rent.

If I proceed with the purchase, I will rent it as much as possible until I retire and then the plan is to spend January to March in it and rent it out during the high season. I would also let my friends occupy it for a peppercorn rent.

You can't beat bricks and mortar.

Regards

Mick

mick parry, Dec 2, 2003
  10. Steven Toy

Alex S User

" Only twats and peacocks display their finery in public when not asked to do so" Oscar Wilde.

PS Mick, I presume that's out of phase bricks and mortar.

Alex S, Dec 2, 2003
  11. Steven Toy

Alex

Because you have mentioned "out of phase" ....I shall not mention peppercorn rent to you.

Regards

Mick

mick parry, Dec 2, 2003
  12. Steven Toy

Marco

Alex, one wonders what the great man would have said about twats who frequently put two and two together and come up with six?

I will name no names ;)

Let's just say one had the opportunity much earlier to 'display one's finery', so to speak, when it would indeed have been more appropriate. However, one chose instead to allow said twat to wallow in the quagmire of his ignorant misconceptions and derive much pleasure from doing so, until a better opportunity presented itself courtesy, on this occasion, of Mick's prompting :MILD:

Marco.

Marco, Dec 2, 2003
  13. Steven Toy

Markus S Trade

Marco,

if I were the malignant sort, I'd point out that there couldn't have been much to discuss with your asset management consultant if you could be off for your meeting at 12.26 and back again at 13.31. But I'm not.

I still think this kind of bragging does you no good.

Personally, I'd much rather hear details of a conversation between Kylie and her ass management consultant.

Markus S, Dec 2, 2003
  14. Steven Toy

penance Arrogant Cock

Now yer talking....................................

penance, Dec 2, 2003
  15. Steven Toy

Alex S User

I wonder if Marco and Kylie have the same ass management consultant.

Alex S, Dec 2, 2003
  16. Steven Toy

Marco

Marcus, dear boy, it's the quality of the discussion not the quantity of it... besides with regard to asset management consultants, this was meant entirely tongue-in-cheek. I of course manage my own ass, but I'd much rather tongue Kylies cheeks.

I totally agree. In future, I will make sure not to become involved in brag-a-thons with those far better at it than I. Besides, how can a mongrel from Wrexham hope to out-brag a Cestrian thoroughbred? ;)

Marco.

Marco, Dec 2, 2003
  17. Steven Toy

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

No idea marco, but we have 28 thorughbreds in the yard at the moment, but thats an awful lot of H/S to move, prehaps some of the forum memebers could help, as their good a shoveling :D Wm

wadia-miester, Dec 2, 2003
  18. Steven Toy

The Devil IHTFP

Hidden assets...

Marco, are the stories currently circulating that you have a very, very small 'sausage' really true? Scarcely managing a 'chipolata'?

I would have thought a man of your considerable means & modesty would be able to pay his upgrading bills on time, rather than be threatened with ***** ****** before eventually & reluctantly coughing up.....

[Edited to remove something which is in fact true!]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2003
    The Devil, Dec 2, 2003
  19. Steven Toy

Steven Toy

James,

That's libellous!

Steven Toy, Dec 2, 2003
  20. Steven Toy

Robbo

James, I suggest that comment is removed as steven is correct in saying that is libellous. Frankly I am getting rather bored if this pathetic bickering that you and marco seem to be obsessed with.

GROW UP the pair of you!!!

Robbo, Dec 2, 2003
Ask a Question