Hearing Marco's system again.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Steven Toy, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Steven Toy

The Devil IHTFP

Hi Robbo,

In order for something to be libellous, it must be untrue.

PS I've been offline all afternoon, I get back to find that I've been called a twat, by a twat.

The Devil, Dec 2, 2003
  2. Steven Toy

Steven Toy

That isn't necessarily the case, altough it obviously is the case here. BTW, your above post is still libellous, and I've kept a copy of it...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2003
    Steven Toy, Dec 2, 2003
  3. Steven Toy

Robbo

The thing is James, you are both as bad as each other and its getting boring. If Marco has called you a twat (tbh I really get fed up of reading all the shit that gets posted in these threads and so I may miss things), then I suggest he removes the offending post as well.

Robbo, Dec 2, 2003
  4. Steven Toy

The Devil IHTFP

Well done Steven, I knew I could count on you. Which part is libellous now? The sausage bit? :D

The Devil, Dec 2, 2003
  5. Steven Toy

Steven Toy

Both, but mainly the other bit.

Steven Toy, Dec 2, 2003
  6. Steven Toy

Markus S Trade

So, Steven, you're saying that both bits of info that bub is dangling at you are probably untrue?

That in itself can be construed as libellous.

And if the matter came to court and bub could - hypothetically - prove the truth of his statemnt, and would post on diverse fora that he has made a certain statement about Marco that was true but he still got hit by the law for libel - which of the parties concerned would get hurt more? And if he was acquitted of libel charges, do you think you and/or Marco would live it down?Steven, before you raise the sceptre of the law over someone's head, you may want to consider the consequences.

Come on, guys, I get enough of this shit in real life, I don't want it creeping in on my hobby.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2003
    Markus S, Dec 2, 2003
  7. Steven Toy

adam

Re: Marco

As i live in southern spain the percentage of well heeled Brits coming over here is actually very small,the well heeled ones to buy a villa out here need to be EXTREMLY wealthy,and the truth is there are many dreamers,that do come but they don't get the big villas,the big arab oil boys do,russian mafia do,some very wealthy germans do,but these people are a minority,most of the construction work here is 90% apartments, why? because Spain has become that exspensive,for a villa your looking at £750,000 and 2 bedroom apartments of resonable quality £200,000.

There are good returns on rent,July,August,being the high season,then you have to search for the rest of the year to find your clients,and to take into account the damage they are going to do,and the grief and hassle you,ll get from them.

Spanish Property WAS a good investment if you bought 3 years ago if you bought now.....your too late, the market has levelled out,if a real estate says any different,it's BS.Also people are finding it harder to sell as the market is saturated and the prices are too inflated,all that gliters 'ant gold.

So i live among some of the wealthest people in europe,and im not one of them,i just work for some,there money doesn't impress me,and funny enough nor do people who like to talk about how much they've got.

BTW i haved lived here for 17 years.so i think I know the spanish market/people quite well.

adam, Dec 2, 2003
  8. Steven Toy

The Devil IHTFP

As Oscar said,

This wallpaper is killing me, one of us must go.

The Devil, Dec 2, 2003
  9. Steven Toy

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

James, are you suggesting that marco's one eye trouser snake, may not be a snake at all, but a mere wood louse (Kan lovers apparently :D ) and that his goovy -o- meter boom box is there to underpin some thing which may not in fact be a appendage of repute, alledging this is treading a fine line of hook & tackle :eek: so please, cease in this line of posting, It may be considered offensive by some members of the forum. Wm

wadia-miester, Dec 2, 2003
  10. Steven Toy

penance Arrogant Cock

Geez

I cant believe the level of childishness some people can lower themselves to.

Mods, Just ban them please, this petty shit is happening every week now

penance, Dec 2, 2003
  11. Steven Toy

michaelab desafinado

Re: Re: Marco

The Portuguese market OTOH is still a pretty good investment if you find the right thing. Will probably soon go the way of the Spanish market though.

Whatever you do if you want to buy property in Portugal don't go through Knight Frank or other UK agents who will rip you off something silly. Get someone you trust with local knowledge (not always easy I know) and you should be able to pick up a bargain.

We bought our flat (200 sq. metres) here in the centre of Lisbon in 1999 for about £100K and then spent another £50K restoring it. Now it's worth £250K+ :MILD:

Michael.

michaelab, Dec 2, 2003
  12. Steven Toy

mick parry stroppy old git

Adam

A friend of mine was on a plane flying to el amelria (sic) two weeks ago and it was loaded with Brits seriously looking to buy.

Spainish property is also tipped to increase in value faster than most of europe, true that is speculation, but it is based on the fact that Spain will attract a foreign invasion along with a long term healthy economy.

It is never the right time to buy to let, but most people who do it, rarely regret it. You do need to think long term.

The house that I was looking at is a large 4 bed one and the asking price is only £180k, not the £750k you were mentioning. The rental is more of a subsidy than an actual income. 10 weeks a year is fine.

It is a few miles inland whereas I suspect you are talking about coastal or heavy tourist areas.

Another alternataive in the UK is cornwall, but prices down there start at £250k in a costal areas.

It's all down to whether you are prepared to take a risk, also the quality of life is much better when you don't have to freeze in the winter.

The baby boomers are now retiring in droves, they have a high level of cash and a very high proportion of them want a second home in the sun and I say good luck to them.

Regards

Mick

mick parry, Dec 2, 2003
  13. Steven Toy

penance Arrogant Cock

forgive me if im wrong James, but isnt this an audio forum
    if your interested in other peoples members then maybe you should join the small weiner forum where you could all get em out and fiddle together and then slag each other off or what ever it is you fancy doing with marco!

penance, Dec 2, 2003
  14. Steven Toy

michaelab desafinado

Banning decisions are entirely the decision of the mods and generally I don't like encouragements from members to ban other members and what follows is not in response to your request but my own thoughts over the past couple of weeks and discussions with the other mods.

As of this moment though, both Marco and James have been banned, until the New Year, at which point we'll see if they can re-integrate into soceity :rolleyes:

I thought I could get away without banning either of you but in the end I've been left with no choice :(

Michael.

michaelab, Dec 2, 2003
  15. Steven Toy

penance Arrogant Cock

Micheal,
    sorry, i was just voicing my own opinion and meant no effect on the way you run the forum.

penance, Dec 2, 2003
  16. Steven Toy

adam

Mick,

The only place i think you can mean is Almeria IE valencia,hopefully well away from the hell hole of Benidorm and it's concrete jungle,costa blanca property is about 30% of the price of the costa del sol and marbella where in all honesty the prices are scary, it's that exspensive,and i would be careful of speculation just on the fact that these people want to sell,as i said beforehand the prices are levelling,as the prices are exhuburant.

The best way to buy is off plan, where no construction has taken place,but again you need to very careful as there can be up to 8 months delay on the finishing off the property,and the quality of finish materials used can be really quite shocking,again don't be sucked in by the promoter or agents.

To buy inland is a great idea,much cheaper, better quality of life,the real Spain,the coast stinks,it drives me to insanity to see the behaviour of people,and the embarrasment they bring upon themselves,I would love to go inland,but there is no work there,but alot of retired people are going that way,buy the amount of people on the coast,cars,no parking,i think the only attraction is the sun and golf.

The quality of life is better true but as i said,all that glitters 'ant gold.

adam, Dec 2, 2003
  17. Steven Toy

Adam

Yes it is Almeria, I just could not remember how it was spelt.

I have a good friend who has a villa 45 minutes from the coast and 90 minutes from the airport and it seems to be a great place to live. He bought his place out there 20 years ago, so he is laughing.

I intend to buy similar, to be honest, the coast has no attraction for me.

The only thing that worries me is the quality of the buildings. Spanish buildings seem to be high on style but anything more than 10 year old seem to crack up etc.

My wife and I are totally split over this. I would like to rent a decent villa for the winter months and going somewhere different every year. She wants a permanent second home and she seems more determined than me, so thats what we will probably do.

Regards

Mick

mick parry, Dec 2, 2003
  18. Steven Toy

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Mick, try Greece sir (I'm sure Mrs Mick could cope), I had a cracking place in Kefalonia, superb views, harbour small fishing villlage, great people, only 3 bed though, place called Fiskardo (spelling is shite tonite sorry), paid £45K 8 Years ago, when I had to sell, got just under £90K. worth a look mate, fab locals, great food, all the Ioniona sea benefits, and Italy just a short boat ride away, plus time just stands still :MILD: just don't ask the locals to do anything in a rush though :D Wm

Worth a good Look

wadia-miester, Dec 2, 2003
  19. Steven Toy

Paul Ranson

I recommend the Pacific coast, west of Santiago, Chile. There's a Marbella there too, north of Valparaiso.

Paul

Paul Ranson, Dec 2, 2003
  20. Steven Toy

Paul

The attraction of Spain is a cheap 2 hour flight.

Regards

Mick

mick parry, Dec 2, 2003
Ask a Question