heathrow hi-fi show.?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by nando, Jul 18, 2006.

1. nando

nando nando

ipods

iamboy, i can asssure you that in any way i am not blind to the future, that's if we hav e any, but science and tech. somewhat will leed the way where we like it or not we have but only one choice, stick to what gives you pleasure or move with the times , to each it's own, by the way there is another source being released wicth they say is better than the ipod ,watch out in the novotel exevicion in november at hammersmith, regards,nando

nando, Sep 27, 2006
  2. nando

nando nando

hi tenson if you want to visit the haymarket show in london let me know then i will show you the predecesor of the ipod...

nando, Sep 27, 2006
  3. nando

Tenson Moderator

Better than the Ipod at what?

Tenson, Sep 27, 2006
  4. nando

nando nando

de- compresion factor, will keep you posted,regards nando, by the way i do have an ipod,.

nando, Sep 27, 2006
  5. nando

Tenson Moderator

You should be ashamed of yourself :p

Tenson, Sep 27, 2006
  6. nando

nando nando

why? after all what is to coment about an item if you don't play with the thing, p.s. don't tell my kids.:p

nando, Sep 27, 2006
  7. nando

mike lacey Akiverer

Blu Ray, guys... stunning.

mike lacey, Sep 27, 2006
  8. nando

Tenson Moderator

Didn't you say that it also sounded stunning with normal CD? Might have just been the set-up? Nice to meet you by the way!

Tenson, Sep 28, 2006
  9. nando

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

I disagree.

I assume you believe CD (or even DVD) transports are better than solid state or HDD? (forget vinyl for now).

PC's will never reach the pinnacle of audio nirvana (too much electrical/acoustic noise), but the functionality will prevail, so future products (even in high end) with the right functionailty and sound quality will be offered.

You only have to look at the Naim direction - if the NaimNet is succesful, dont you think their competitors will jump on the bandwagon - watch our for Meridian et al to follow closely.

lAmBoY, Sep 28, 2006
  10. nando

Any source better than iPod (in that market) will have a hard time and be unlikely to suceed - unless its another iPod!! The barriers into the market are now so huge because of the continued iPod dominance.

I wonder if Eiger labs knew what they were getting into!

lAmBoY, Sep 28, 2006
  11. nando

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

I feel you have to keep an eye on both sides to fully give the customers what they wish for IMO
    The Naimnet also has a software tie-up which will bring them a huge advantage. In the same way Meridain have tied up all european Furujda chipsets.

wadia-miester, Sep 28, 2006
  12. nando

Tenson Moderator

I think you agreed with me! I consider NaimNet to be under the term 'music server', it doesn't have to be PC based hence I mentioned PCs separately. I don't know if HDD is better or not. I think most dedicated transports sound better than the digital output from my PC but then I have not put much effort into that. If I gave the soundcard a dedicated separately regulated power line for all its internals and a low jitter clock, it would probably fair very well indeed. Having the soundcard external and using an optical digital link noise should not be much of an issue.

Tenson, Sep 28, 2006
  13. nando

Ooops, misread your post. Erm, yesy I do. Agree that is.

I wonder if the DIY comunity has considered upgrading the output stage of an iPod (or any other prtable media player (iRiver with a line out maybe) - I would be interested in hearing the potential from on eof those. Afterall, if you upgrade the cans, you can get some decent sounds right out of the box.

lAmBoY, Sep 28, 2006
  14. nando

nando nando

sorry to but in, but all of this tech does it not take the fun out of really playing your hi-fi and enjoy the music that you most like including getting up from your chair and look at your collection of either vynil or cd's and relax ? i find that even late at night fiddling with the dial of a analogue tuner and finding the most remote radio stations via am or fm quite entertaining,then i do understend that gismotech is contagious, nando .

nando, Sep 28, 2006
  15. nando

Tenson Moderator

No, I enjoy the music, I don't care how it is provided. I do like convenience though. I also like a physical thing like a CD so I can look at the album art, it is not the same on a screen.

Tenson, Sep 28, 2006
  16. nando

nando nando

i agree with what you say, like me i have almost 5000 vynils also 2000cd's , when friends come sometimes at weekend i refuse to play vynil, for ovious reasons"nothing to do with beer" who am i kidding, so out come the cd's, convenience is a must , nando, p.s. like your website .

nando, Sep 28, 2006
  17. nando

Tenson Moderator

Thanks! I was a bit worried with the front page, that people may think it is arrogant, but I think most people see it as was intended, a light-hearted joke. :)

Tenson, Sep 28, 2006
  18. nando

Stuart

Nando,

Sticking all me CDs onto a HDD and getting a squeezebox has been a revelation in terms of listening to and enjoying music. The ease of finding and playing different albums and songs is great and really allows you to forget about the peripheral stuff and focus on the music.

Regards,

Stuart.

Stuart, Sep 29, 2006
  19. nando

Isnt it great when technology works:)

lAmBoY, Sep 29, 2006
  20. nando

titian

I doubt very much that people today focus on the music.
    How often do you listen concentrated to the music without doing anything else? Just you and the music?

titian, Sep 29, 2006
Ask a Question