heathrow hi-fi show.?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by nando, Jul 18, 2006.

1. nando

nando nando

yes it's nice to go to this venues and meet very interesting people, unfortuanally i did not get to meet any of the great guys in this forum, i tried but could not go asking any and every person are you with.....gain, that was for me a very ,"let's say" dissapointed thing, no one to blame but to me that would have been worth it, shame maybe soon DEV, AT YOUR PLCE, i think you know a friend of mine GSRAI, REGARDS NANDO.

nando, Oct 4, 2006
  2. nando

hifi addict

Do you know how I am nando???

I might have to call you and put you straight young man.:p

Stil no more view on the show?

Thanks for turning up

hifi addict, Oct 4, 2006
  3. nando

nando nando

hastings, ooom, no, by the way thanks for the young man thing , i am now 50 but look like, well certanlly not like a hi-fi show, old and weary, by the way, who are you areyuo. call me ,regards nando, by the way , my views on the show , ihave made a few comments,now lets see : 1- POINT OF VIEW, is a shame that both units involved decided to "instead" of public interest have instead to make it " a devision bell" as to who is the best showman, and charge two fees for both shows, it is the attending public who make most of this industry survive, at least they should take them into consideration , next time ,that is if there is a next time, nando.

nando, Oct 4, 2006
  4. nando

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

Roxanne, you dont have to put on the red light.

(repeat to fade)

lAmBoY, Oct 5, 2006
  5. nando

nando nando

nice one, i thought they were in the blue light .

nando, Oct 5, 2006
  6. nando

Horus99

My Tuppence worth on the show...
    Best room: Art Emotion & Border Patrol.
    I was the only person in the room and a big orchestral piece was playing. I just shut my eyes and was lost. At the end I almost stood up and applauded.
    Next Small Mac room.
    I was so upset that I didn't win the 275 competition that I just went out and bought one!
    AudioNote room:
    Was good again. This setup definitely has it's own (sound) but very nice from 8 watts.
    The smaller naim room with the Allaes:
    Really showed alot of rooms where to go. Very tight, great bass and very fast.
    Densen/Elac:
    Big surprise. These speakers really worked and all for only £1300.
    I couldn't really fault them.
    Also liked the Icon room and the big krell room but that's about it.

It does make you realise just how difficult it must be to develop really good sounding electronics and probably even more difficult to produce a great sounding speaker which can work in different environments. Big Cred to those who succeed!

Horus99, Oct 5, 2006
  7. nando

nando nando

i think the best room was ...sorry i forgot.. but the people involved in the show P.I. were very good. nando.

nando, Oct 5, 2006
  8. nando

hifi addict

My room was the best!!!?

I just played the music too loud. and played a pub recoding of Nick Harper singing an acoustic version of Public enemies don't belive the hype, Ahex twin, Buddy rich, and a bit of early hip hop and a crap recording of Donna Summers I feel love.

I think it worked?

I used my 20W valve amp and a pair of Gershman Black swans.

I'm now on my own.

www.valve-amps.co.uk

just a holding page at the moment more to come once I get some pro photos and the rest of the products.

No black boxes or red lights.

hifi addict, Oct 5, 2006
Ask a Question