heathrow hi-fi show.?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by nando, Jul 18, 2006.

1. nando

SCIDB Moderator

Hi,

You seem to be down on the Chestergroup show. You don't work for Hifi News by any chance. I have found the chestergroup shows quite relaxed in the past. Alot of companies listed by chestergroup have displayed at their shows before. Companies have pulled out of the Hifi News show before. It not a cheap do for a hifi company.

It would be interesting to see who turns up to both shows.

To be truthful, the reputation of Hifi News show has been going down hill for years. Alot of the room were very quiet. I remember when numbers were big and loads of companies were on show.

I like the look of the hifi show in Germany a few months ago. Maybe that should be the model for future shows.

I may be at both shows this year.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Jul 25, 2006
  2. nando

murray johnson

Abbingdon Music Research will be at the show.

From the description of the AM-77 amplifier.

In the power amplification section are bipolar output devices with AMR’s error correction circuit, which removes all the drawbacks of conventional solid-state amplifier circuits.

I'm looking forward to hearing this. That's some claim!

murray johnson, Jul 25, 2006
  3. nando

Stereo Mic

I'm sure it could BBV :SLEEP:

Stereo Mic, Jul 25, 2006
  4. nando

Dev Moderator

I'm not so sure BBV, I'm quite envious of S&M's system, particularly the vinyl replay. Having said that, I did like the AMR kit and I'd like to hear it again.

Dev, Jul 25, 2006
  5. nando

anon_bb Honey Badger

Ah dev perhaps you should come to my next bakeoff in that case ;)

anon_bb, Jul 25, 2006
  6. nando

Dev Moderator

When is it? I'm afraid I'm going on holidays soon so can't make it before first week in September.

Dev, Jul 25, 2006
  7. nando

anon_bb Honey Badger

It wont be until sept I expect. Still waiting for some parts.

anon_bb, Jul 25, 2006
  8. nando

nando nando

hi guys, just got back from spain, missed you all good and not so goood to be back, thanks for the forum.

nando, Jul 28, 2006
  9. nando

ListeningEar

I went to the Munich show a couple of years back, some great kit but the whole setup on the ground level was terrible. They use converted 20ft steel shipping containers as rooms for the exhibitors. You can imagine how bad it sounds.

On the upper level the rooms were more like greenhouses, so again, not condusive to great sound. Avante Garde had a big room on the upper level which was very difficult to get in to due to it's popularity. I made the effort but not being a fan of their speakers or sound it did nothing for me. In fact, it was difficult to really pick out anything memorable from this show.

I would use caution before rushing off to book travel arrangements to Germany if it's still the same setup ;)

ListeningEar, Jul 30, 2006
  10. nando

SCIDB Moderator

Hi,

There are many good reports from it. They had big rooms, lots of ciompanies on show and lots of kit. There was a good variety on offer. There are good reports of very good sounds coming from the rooms. I haven't been so I can't offer a full opinion on the level of sound quality this year. There are no reasons why a company can't make a half decent sound from a room.

Here are a few reports.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/munich2006/

http://www.gtaudio.com/news.html

http://www.tnt-audio.com/shows/munich06a_e.html

When I mentioned going to both shows, I was talking about the two London shows.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Jul 30, 2006
  11. nando

Ghostmachine

Seen this on PFM
    A rumour
    Ken Kessler was to review a product ( unknown ) of someone who he found out was to exhibit at the rival show at thee Park Inn.
    He "suggested" they move to the HFN show and when the manufacturer refused he pulled the review !!!!

Ghostmachine, Sep 15, 2006
  12. nando

nando nando

hi having known ken for many a years also having worked with reviwers and know the politics behind those, i am not in the least suurprised as to this, is being going on for years "avarice" is what is destroing the young people from leaving their ipods and being introduced to reasonable affordable hi-fi, and it will create a domino effect, last year the cheapest room demoing a system was £100.000 ,never mind i hope that this year "mirracles" it will be more like the old days, p.s must meet you guuys at the bar,regards nando.

nando, Sep 15, 2006
  13. nando

Tenson Moderator

Okay so whats happening with meeting up? Who is going, when and where etc..?

I think I will be there Sat and Sun and will wear bright unmistakable trainers as usual.

Tenson, Sep 15, 2006
  14. nando

nando nando

cool, as a dealer i have to be there all of three days, me i will be as ugly looking as ever(sic) any one have an idea of time of arrivels so we can redevouz, loby or coffee shop later at the bar ! mobile for me you will all know via my web,.look foward to meet you all,nando

nando, Sep 15, 2006
  15. nando

Baudrillard

I'm thinking of going T, probably to both. I'll look out for your trainers, what colour are they?

Baudrillard, Sep 15, 2006
  16. nando

nando nando

i think they are white, but it may depend on the weather, howevever i am sure we will find each other at the bar, p.s. watch out for the prices , ask before you buy, nando

nando, Sep 15, 2006
  17. nando

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Are you specifically stating that this is a rumour and has no substantiation in fact?

If not, I'm afraid the post will need to be deleted as it can be construed as libel.

bottleneck, Sep 15, 2006
  18. nando

nando nando

i totally agree, let's not create rumours, specially on this forum , is to precious to loose, gosip should be private not public but some have more readers then the s... news paper, please do not close thiis thread, guys keep gossip for the open air and let it flow, this forum is the best we have got , do not spoil it, regards nando.

nando, Sep 15, 2006
  19. nando

Tenson Moderator

Mainly bright yellow but have red and green as well, pretty much like the band website :) I have not had blonde hair for a long time though so don't go by my avatar ;)

Tenson, Sep 15, 2006
  20. nando

Baudrillard

Thanks for the tip.

I'll be wearing a black suit and tie, white shirt, shades and carrying a black brief case.

Baudrillard, Sep 15, 2006
Ask a Question