Heathrow show - best rooms?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by owl37400, Mar 31, 2007.

1. owl37400

Purite Audio Purite Audio

I asked for that dem, Gary said loads of people had requested it!
    Initially I thought the Esoteric was better, sounded more detailed, I asked Gary he said he prefered the Opus, for example the piano on the Eso was really huge ,acrooss both speakers, on te Opus it was much more believable ( it was a three piece jazz track ) smaller image suspended between the speakers, also it sounded more like a piano, in fact the whole band sounded more like a band ,you would have to hear both at home and form an opinion.

Purite Audio, Apr 4, 2007
  2. owl37400

4WD

I know how the Opus compares to a Chord64. Chord has more detail, while the opus is smoother. I wonder how the esoteric compares?

4WD, Apr 4, 2007
  3. owl37400

Mr_Sukebe

As mentioned earlier, Zanash and myself compared the Opus to the X-03 and both preferred the X-03, but that just goes to show how different people are.

Ref the Wavac. Frankly, I don't care how much it cost, IMO it really was streets ahead of anything else I heard all weekend. I will definitely be trying to listen to their MD-300B, which is MUCH more sensibly priced.

Mr_Sukebe, Apr 4, 2007
  4. owl37400

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

To be fair mate, those people are out there, or the heathrow high end show wouldn't have any rooms :)

..and it has to be said, if there weren't people out there buying the most expensive kit, it wouldn't be available for you and I on the used market a few years later.

Hopefully the sensible manufacturers/dealers out there appreciate the bottom feeders out there (like me!) - after all, knowing you can sell something second hand has got to help with an initial sale...

Not that I'm in the market.... bass means a 15" or an 18" speaker where I come from...

bottleneck, Apr 4, 2007
Ask a Question