Hedwig and the angry inch

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by I-S, Jun 8, 2005.

1. I-S

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

If the Rocky Horror Picture Show offended you, now's a good time to click that back button. And if you're bothered by transexuality and general gender confusion, you should probably be on your way too.

If you are still reading this, I highly recommend this film. It is extremely well put together so that despite jumping around chronologically you never feel that you don't know at what point in the story (and hedwig's life) you're at.

There's the odd bit of humour dropped into what is generally quite a dark mix. An uplifting film this is not, but I would think you'd need to be quite hard-shelled not to be touched by it. Or you can be like one of the characters in the film, walking up to the stage yelling "Faggot!", but I think the first paragraph of this review suggested that you left already.

Watching the DVD on the stereo mix the sound quality seems fine. There are a few instances, however, where the mpeg artefacts are all too visually apparent.

Recommended to someone looking for something a little off the beaten path. Oh, and play.com are selling it for £6.99 at the moment.

I-S, Jun 8, 2005
  2. I-S

Stuart

Ahh, so this isn't a spin off film from the Harry Potter series, detailing the adventures of his owl then?

Stuart, Jun 9, 2005
  3. I-S

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Quite definitely not.

I-S, Jun 9, 2005
  4. I-S

midlifecrisis Firm member

I met an old boy many years ago who was upset because he had thought that Silence of the Lambs was a follow up to Dances with Wolves :eek:

midlifecrisis, Jun 10, 2005
Ask a Question