Height of bad taste or plain bonkers?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dev, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Dev

Dev Moderator

Dev, Mar 9, 2004
  2. Dev

Lt Cdr Data om

thats a pioneer a400 and a marantz cd.

vile:chunder:

Lt Cdr Data, Mar 9, 2004
  3. Dev

julian2002 Muper Soderator

it made me smile - so it's a good thing.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Mar 9, 2004
  4. Dev

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

That's AWESOME! If I wasn't in the Naim game now, I'd paint all my (old) kit as well - you have to love the Rega P3s with Union Jacks etc on.

I was seriously considering painting my PC like this - using acrylics probably. If Andy Warhol can do a rally car, I can do a CPU case/monitor/mouse/webcam etc :)

domfjbrown, Mar 10, 2004
  5. Dev

julian2002, Mar 10, 2004
  6. Dev

wolfgang

My first reaction is the hifi looks horrible. However, looking at the cars examples that you gave if done properly by skilled artists then it could be quite nice. If you call it art then anything is possible.

[​IMG]

wolfgang, Mar 10, 2004
  7. Dev

Dev Moderator

Julian, that really hurts.

Just because you (a BMW wannabe) drive an oversized marshmellow with a Lexus badge doesn't give you the right to take the piss out of BMW drivers.

We get all the abuse, no one let's us out of junctions, no one acknowledges our courteous driving, our endless patience with moronic drivers who refuse to move out of our way, etc. etc. etc., and now this.

I have to leave now, too emotional to type, sob, sob and more sob.

Dev, Mar 10, 2004
  8. Dev

dev,
    although i'm not the worlds biggest fan of the bavaria motor works i do conceed that their art car idea is inspired. i would love to one day see them in the flesh so to speak but i'm not sure if they are on display anywhere.
    as for other drivers attitude well all i can say is once bitten twice shy. i now no longer tolerate being intimidated on the road i.e...
    a couple of weeks ago i was driving up to birmingham to see some friends and i pull out into the 3rd lane to overtake a line of lorries. i'm doing 80 mph and overtaking quite smartly however this wasn;t good enough for the driver behind who started to flash his lights and encroach on my bumper. at this point i say **** it and jam on the brakes - down to 75. after the guy recovers from his heart palpitations he resumes his agressive behaviour so i wait a little and then slam them on again - down to 70 and put it on cruise - after i've overtaken - another minute to two as the 2nd lane is doing just under 70 i indicate to pull in and once i have enough clear space i do so, very slowly.... the guy pulls up next to me down with the window and starts shouting across his girlfriend at me, i just smile and wave... his girlfriend cracks up and he floors it away in a cloud of diesel smoke spitting feathers.
    i guess i gould have left him for dust but i just couldn;t be arsed and besides this pissed him off waaaay more.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Mar 10, 2004
  9. Dev

Kirk Bennett

Nevva understood meself why most of the willy waving that goes on with cars is done by the BMW crowd. What badge ya got and all that arsey cack. Think my g/f has it well sussed......................................................................................................BMWs are normally driven by geeks in need of a penis extension! As a laugh, how about some fun variations on what BMW stands for. B-M-W = 'Bum merchants and wankers'?:D

Kirk Bennett, Mar 10, 2004
  10. Dev

chris.gally

:duck:

Chris

chris.gally, Mar 10, 2004
  11. Dev

tones compulsive cantater

They used to be on display at the BMW Museum in Munich, a curious bowl-shaped building in front of the four-column Head Office building. You go in, go up an escalator right to the top and then walk all the way down on a gently-sloping ramp, with the exhibits laid out along it.

tones, Mar 10, 2004
  12. Dev

Dev Moderator

Guys, in case it wasn't obvious, my email was meant to light hearted. I'm really concerned thaty it's being taken so seriously.

FFS, lighten up you sad so n so's. Not all BMW drivers drive that way. I've been on the receiving end far more times than giving.

Dev, Mar 10, 2004
  13. Dev

Rodrigo de Sá This club's crushing bore

Hi Jules.

Of course you know what you did is extremely dangerous? Supposing the guy behind you bumped into you?

This has happened to me a lot of times. If the car I'm driving is fast enough I just floor the throtle and blast away. If it isn't I just ignore the fellow. It is a bit irritating, but its actually a lot safer. And the fellow knows I just ignored him - perhaps a better insult than actually paying him attention.

Most people drive fast but don't know how fast they can actually go and still be in control. The guy behind me may be a good driver and an irritating bloke; Or he may just happen to be driving a fast car and all he knows is to press the throtle. If that is the case, as I think is the majority ... well, better ignore him. IMO

Rodrigo de Sá, Mar 10, 2004
  14. Dev

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Guys - it seems that if you drive a big posh car, you're overcompensating for something.

I'll never be able to drive, but if I could, I'd happily drive a milk float, mini, whatever...

Julian - shame on you - 80mph is breaking the law - tsk tsk.

domfjbrown, Mar 10, 2004
  15. Dev

Dev Moderator

Julian did not mention the make of the other car and yet....

Dev, Mar 10, 2004
  16. Dev

Kirk Bennett

Dom, you tell 'em, mate. Get a bloody Smart car and tell 'em to like it. Soz guys, I'm not big on flash cars but have nothing much against cock extensions.

Kirk Bennett, Mar 10, 2004
  17. Dev

dev,
    so you noticed :D.....
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Mar 10, 2004
  18. Dev

Dev Moderator

Hi Julian, in an attempt to educate you further I'd like to point out that BMW stands for Bayerische Motoren Works. You were close enough. I heard recently that until recently the general American public thought it was British Motor Works.

BTW, how did this thread about painting HiFi turn into BMW bashing one? It had to be you, didn't it?

Dev, Mar 10, 2004
  19. Dev

Markus S Trade

Almost. Bayerische Motoren Werke.

Markus S, Mar 10, 2004
  20. Dev

Dev Moderator

Absolutely correct, I actually knew this as well but had brain fade while typing :D . For a while I even learnt to pronounce it correctly courtesy of my German colleagues.;)

Dev, Mar 10, 2004
Ask a Question