Hello and Welcome to Audio-Forums

Discussion in 'Announcements, Suggestions and Feedback' started by Ian, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Ian

Ian

Hello and welcome to the new Audio-Forums.com!

You may have been more familiar with this site under the name of AudioSmile Forums (or ZeroGain). I purchased the forums from AudioSmile to run the forums as an independent audio forum (I don't have any connection to the audio industry or any commercial interest with it).

The site has moved to this new domain name and the forum software has been upgraded with many improvements that I hope you'll like - much easier image uploading, mobile browser support and forum alerts to name just a few.

I want to get this forum back on it's feet as an active community, so if you have any suggestions or comments then please do let me know. There are a few new tools I'll be adding to the site over the coming days that I hope you'll all enjoy!

Cheers,
    Ian

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    Ian, Mar 15, 2015
  2. Ian

Labarum

Best wishes for this new project.

Labarum, Mar 15, 2015
    Ian likes this.
  3. Ian

Ian

Thanks @Labarum, I'm looking forward to getting stuck in!

Ian, Mar 15, 2015
  4. Ian

rick

Ian, will there be other dashboard options? I'm personally finding the whole page too bright to look at it for long. Also too much grey text on white background.

rick, Mar 15, 2015
  5. Ian

Ian

Thanks for the feedback Rick, I'm sure we can add an alternate style for anyone that would like a darker background. Give me a few days to get everything else ticking along smoothly, then I'll add this as an option :).

Ian, Mar 15, 2015
    rick likes this.
  6. Ian

rick

Great stuff Ian, and thanks. Looking forward to the new site growing.

rick, Mar 15, 2015
    Ian likes this.
  7. Ian

Romulus

Ian, I wish you the best of luck in your new adventure. You have used the words 'I want to get this forum back on its feet as an active community' You hit the nail on the head, the Audiosmile Forum was so unbelievably slow it made other HiFi Forums look like living encyclopedias on steroids. I think you know what I mean just by viewing the dates of latest contributions to the various threads on this forum (get the cobwebs off!). Its an uphill task but I think you will do it.

Romulus, Mar 16, 2015
    Ian likes this.
  8. Ian

Ian

Thanks Rick and Romulus :). I don't think it'll be easy, but I think it's achievable :D.

Ian, Mar 17, 2015
Ask a Question