HELP! Electrical problem with my NAD amps

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by lawrence2357, May 4, 2006.

1. lawrence2357

lawrence2357

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I accidentally touched the left channel speaker cables together on my NAD C370 and it's completely dead. :eek: I can't find any fuses inside the amp at all. It has also blown 4 fuses I found in my NAD C350 which I was using as the pre-amp to bi amp the two power sections (350 for HF and 370 for LF). I think the surge through the 370 may have blown the pre amp in the 350 as the power light comes on but none of the input lights are working. One of the fuses has metal literally splattered all over the inside of the glass which doesn't bode well. I'm unable to check the power section of the 350 to see if that works. I am going to replace the 4 fuses (next to the toroidal transformer) in the 350 and hope I can at least have that working for now.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2006
    lawrence2357, May 4, 2006
  2. lawrence2357

Sid and Coke

I presume you've powered both of the units down for a while to let them cool down. I was pretty sure that NAD amps had protection circuits to prevent permanent damage in cases like this.

Sorry i can't help any further, I've not owned any NAD amps for a few years now, however i found that their customer services were pretty good the one time i had to phone for advice..

good luck.

Sid and Coke, May 4, 2006
  3. lawrence2357

lawrence2357

Yes I thought it should be protected, but I wouldn't have expected the surge to make it through to the other amp if that was the case. At least it didn't catch fire like an old QED amp that I did the same thing with a few years ago. I had only just switched it on when it happened, so it isn't even warm. I'll contact NAD and see what they say. Thanks.

lawrence2357, May 5, 2006
Ask a Question