help needed setting up my sub ?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by taz, May 22, 2012.

1. taz

taz

Sub woofer I mean not a ballistic missile type :D
    I have a set of AE1 classics and have now just got a Rel Strata 2 Sub to fill in where the AE1 just cant reach, I believe there is some software or a cd you can get to help setting up your sub woofer ? can anyone point me in the right direction please ? thanks

taz, May 22, 2012
  2. taz

RobHolt Moderator

What you need are some LF test tones and a means of measuring and displaying the in room response.

As a very rough and dirty method you could play some swept tones and use an SPL meter at the listening position to check for response peaks and nulls.

The correct way would be to obtain an external soundcard and measurement microphone, plus some software such as Arta for PC or FuzzMeasure for Mac.

I think we'll upload a full set of test tones for user download in the next week or two.

RobHolt, May 22, 2012
  3. taz

speedy.steve

yep, I use Holmimpulse. Free to download and then get a £40 Behringer mic and ~£50 pre amp / phantom power for it and you are away.
    Hours of fun and can take you all the way to advanced stuff like aligning drivers if you can / need.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2012
    speedy.steve, May 23, 2012
Ask a Question