Help - Power amp DOA on one side

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by MG_CAR, Oct 17, 2006.

1. MG_CAR

MG_CAR

Help is what I need one side of my Atoll AM100 power amp is not working the right side out let for speaker cables works fine but the left is DOA it was working then just stopped. can any one point the way.

MG_CAR, Oct 17, 2006
  2. MG_CAR

Tenson Moderator

I doubt anyone can be much help without more information.

First, make sure it is the amp that is dead and not something else like the CD player or speaker or whatever. Swap things around a bit.

If it definitely is the amp then I'd suggest sending it back to the manufacture or dealer.

Tenson, Oct 17, 2006
  3. MG_CAR

zanash

good advice........swap the right speaker to the left channel and see if its still dead.

lift the lid or check the back for fuses...also see if there any scorch marks or other obvious failures.
    check the speaker cables are not shorting the left channel an cutting the protection curcuits in [if any]
    check the ic by swapping left and right chanel from cdp

if all fails you'll need to find a tech or return to the makers

zanash, Oct 18, 2006
  4. MG_CAR

MG_CAR

All Good Advice

Have two Atoll Power Amps which let me have the ability to test if the pre amp, cd or speakers were faulty - they were not.

It just seems to be the one set of outlets on the one power amp, have looked inside the unit and cannot see any damage or burnt areas, all fuses seem to be intact, have tested the unit with different speaker cable to see if that was the problems, it was not.

Any ideas please come back to me. I could also do with a recommendation on a good repair house for the Atoll amp in the B'ham area if any one knows of one.

MG_CAR, Oct 18, 2006
  5. MG_CAR

zanash

I know a couple in the eastmidlands ....but thats a bit far

zanash, Oct 19, 2006
Ask a Question