HELP! Really weird Hi fi problem with CD Transport

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by larkrise, Mar 11, 2006.

1. larkrise

larkrise Sheepdogs prefer red wine

I recently sold an Audiomeca Kreatura (Audiomeca) Transport Audio synthesis modified to a chap on e bay. It's a truly fantastic transport and I had no problems with it. Only sold it as I bought a proper A/S Transcend. The guy claims it mysteriously stops playing every so often- audibly - that is disc still spins, and pin points this problem to when a light is switched on and off in the house! Really! He tried it at a different house and got the same effect. I suggested different power cord - perhaps sensitive mains - he thought he had solved it with a better cord but has now come back to say problem has returned. I am baffled and have offered a refund which I think he ants to take, but need to sort this out. Any help anyone - I haven't got a clue beyond the sensitive mains idea? A PM woul dbe appreciated too as i ont check in regularly but will try to monitor any ideas. Many thanks.

larkrise, Mar 11, 2006
  2. larkrise

Tenson Moderator

Sounds like bad wiring in his house! Bad contacts in the light switch can cause blips in the mains I think as they 'struggle' to make a good connection.

Suggest he tries a surge protector or mains filter. Just that the player is sensitive maybe.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2006
    Tenson, Mar 11, 2006
  3. larkrise

ditton happy old soul

could it be dirty CDs?

ditton, Mar 11, 2006
  4. larkrise

Tenson Moderator

Thats it! When he turns the light off, its too dark and it can't see the CD anymore!

Tenson, Mar 11, 2006
  5. larkrise

sktn77a

An old light switch (or even a not-so-old one) can send a pretty significant transient through the house wiring. If it doesn't happen in your house, it's his house wiring/switches. However, it would also suggest that the player is very sensitive to surges. Has he tried a power conditioner?

Keith

sktn77a, Mar 11, 2006
  6. larkrise

Ya-Boo

Class .!! :D

Ya-Boo, Mar 11, 2006
  7. larkrise

gregf

I had similar problems, when the central heating was switching on or off, my amps would momentarily glitch. Solved it with mains filtering.

gregf, Mar 11, 2006
Ask a Question