Help! Rega P25 and P5 owners!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by NoData, Apr 7, 2007.

1. NoData

NoData

hey all - glad to be here, Im new...

I'm trying to decide between a like-new Rega P5, and a used P25 with massive upgrades (approx $600 worth)

I'm fairly new to this whole TT world - I own a technics 1200 that I love - a nice practical performance table... so this table that I'm deciding on will probably be a lifetime commitment (I dont think I'm as crazy as some of yall out there)

- on the one hand I could have a P5, and slowly upgrade the thing myself over the years

- or I can go with a P25 with all the bells and whistles, with only a couple upgrades available (at this point)

did I mention that both sellers are offering them for the same price (?)

the other (crazy) option that I've seen discussed, would be to supe-up my technics with an arm, wire, etc... but then I'd be hesitant to lugg the thing around to gigs... I also realize that there are other (TT) options besides Rega at the intro to mid level, but they’re both selling these tables for one hell of a price…

any opinions, help, from all of you would be much appreciated... thanks...

no-data

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2007
    NoData, Apr 7, 2007
  2. NoData

dudywoxer Regaholic

It would help if you listed the mods on the P25.

I have one with,
    acrylic platter, worth having
    Techoweight, certainly worth having, but not as big a difference
    as on a RB 250 arm

am thinking of trying the groove tracer sub platter, and then having the arm rewired.

I also happen to think the P25 looks much nicer than the 5.
    ________
    Headshops

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011
    dudywoxer, Apr 7, 2007
Ask a Question