Help!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by davidcotton, Dec 9, 2004.

1. davidcotton

davidcotton prog rocker, proud of it!

Hi

Well right now my system is sounding 50% of what its capable of! Thats because the sound has pretty much stopped coming out of the right hand speaker :eek:

Whats more I'm stumped on what the problem is.

System:-

Marantz 66 KI Signature Amp

Marantz 63 KI CDP

Mission 780 Speakers on atacama se24 stands, which are on 2x Mana Soundbases.

Tone Modded Midiman Dac and PSU.

I have so far tried the following :-

a)Swopped the input from cd to tuner, problem still there.

b)Tried Switching sources from CDP to Sky Plus (sky plus and CDP are plugged into the dac via optical and coaxial cables respectively)problem still there.

c)Unplugging the midiman dac and plugging the cdp into the tuner input direct, problem still there.

d)Checked Speaker cable and IC's all nice and tight and plugged in, also tried swopping ics entirely, problem still there.

e)Swopped left and right speakers over, problem still there

f)Given the thing a kicking to make me feel better!! (no not really though its come close :) )

I've just tried plugging the headphones into the amp as well and the problems still there!! Would that mean that the amp it self is knackered or is there something else that I'm missing??

davidcotton, Dec 9, 2004
  2. davidcotton

A.N.

are the balance controls centred?

A.N., Dec 9, 2004
  3. davidcotton

julian2002 Muper Soderator

well it certainly sounds like the amp is shafted in some way. if it's still under warranty then get it looked at otherwise UPGRADE TIME :banana: :banana:
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Dec 9, 2004
  4. davidcotton

Lt Cdr Data om

sometimes the phono socket on marantzs doesn't quite mate, give the interconnects a wiggle when its on, with both cd player and amp.

Lt Cdr Data, Dec 9, 2004
  5. davidcotton

PeteH Natural Blue

Does sound suspiciously like the right channel in the preamp has died somewhere along the line - you'd need someone who knows about that sort of thing to take a look at it for you if you don't fancy having a go yourself.

PeteH, Dec 9, 2004
  6. davidcotton

davidcotton prog rocker, proud of it!

I think this is whats happened. I went back in after posting the original query and now its working! Its already had one dry joint go on it a while ago so I suppose its possible that its going again. Oh and its DEFINETLY out of warranty unfortunately :(

Cheers for the help guys.

davidcotton, Dec 9, 2004
Ask a Question