Heroes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MO!, Jul 27, 2007.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

After much hype I thought I'd give it a go.

First two episodes were shown on BBC2 (It's been on the Sci-fi channel or something already), and it looks pretty good so far.

Obviously the first two are largely just laying foundations and character building, but seems to be shaping up as a good series.

Worth a watch IMO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/heroes/index.shtml
    http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

MO!, Jul 27, 2007
  2. MO!

alby Its good enough for Jazz!

I have to say that much as I have been looking forward to the series , I thought that the acting was a bit wooden , and the dialogue a bit clunky and after two episodes I still think some of the main characters are still not built effectively as they should have been . I do not know if I shall bother watching it next week , as by the end of episode two I did not really feel it had been worth the hype and my time.

Alby

Marks out of 5 - about 3 .

alby, Jul 27, 2007
  3. MO!

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

i find it a little less compelling than the '4400' but i'll follow it through.

sq225917, Jul 27, 2007
  4. MO!

LiloLee Blah, Blah, Blah.........

The way most shows go is they feel they have to grab us immediately only to let us down as it goes on.

Having seen the whole series already, I have to say that Heroes just builds and builds. Well worth the effort.

LiloLee, Jul 27, 2007
  5. MO!

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

ditto. series 2 coming soon!

lAmBoY, Jul 27, 2007
  6. MO!

Well , I missed a couple of episodes but have watched most , and am still pretty lukewarm about the series. I will try to watch most of the episodes to the end of series one . For me each episode seems to have the feeling of a trailer in that not much plot development happens in an episode and if you miss one it does not seem to matter to your understanding . I have never felt after watching an episode that I must watch next week to see what happens next - surely the key to a drama such as this.

Perhaps its just me but the series would probably have been more enjoyable and addictive if it had been condensed into fewer better constructed and developed episodes .

So more :SLEEP: rather than :toomuchtv
    Alby

alby, Sep 15, 2007
  7. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I think I seen "heroes weekend" advertised for tonight and sunday. I think they're showing all the episodes that have been shown so far.

I'm still really enjoying it and look forward to the following episodes.

Perhaps it's just me :)

MO!, Sep 15, 2007
  8. MO!

I was asked by a friend who knew I had been watching heroes whether he should watch the "catch up weekend" , my first response was that he probably had some thing more useful to catch up on "paperwork , tax returns , visiting his mother " , in the end I said try it, but it takes a lot of stamina as the pace is very slow. not really a very strong recommendation.

Alby

alby, Sep 15, 2007
  9. MO!

ShinOBIWAN

Great show. Just watched the first season having spread it over the last three weekends.

Its a lot more to do with characters rather than WOW super powers. We found it compelling even with only the brief CG moment and ended up watching episode after episode just to see what would happen next. There were a couple of very late nights because we couldn't get away from the TV!

Looking forward to the next season.

ShinOBIWAN, Sep 17, 2007
  10. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I noticed Virgin (and no doubt others) being a bit sneaky the other day. They had the DVD of the first episode on sale for just a few quid. The price sticker was conveniently covering the fact it was only the first episode, so it looked like the complete first season!

MO!, Sep 18, 2007
  11. MO!

ShinOBIWAN

Just a quick heads up for anyone who uses the P2P networks for getting US programming early.

The new season of Heroes has started. Looks like another great season.

ShinOBIWAN, Sep 25, 2007
  12. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

MO!, Nov 29, 2007
Ask a Question