Heybrook Sextets

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by amdismal, Mar 11, 2010.

1. amdismal

amdismal

This is the second pair of Sextets I have had. Lovely speaker, a 3-way with a stunning Tonigen ribbon tweeter that provides such a sweet top end. Great WAF too - designed to go close to the back wall, and a lovely walnut finish, with inlays in a glossier wood.

The sound is beautifully transparent - Noel Keywood had a pair of these for years, which he preferred to ESLs as they are similar but can do a bit more bass. As you may be able to see from the photos, I have gone in the other direction, with new OTA ESLs. The Sextets major on tonal purity and transparency, and have been a long-term favourite of mine. Valve-friendly despite being 3-way - fairly even impedance and about 88dB/W IIRC. I've used them with my AI 500, EAR 859 and V20, Chi-Fi OTLs and flea-powers like the Welbornes, all successfully.

The condition is not perfect - see photos of the scratches to the top. The rest of the speakers are in much better nick, so if you can work some magic with french polish it should be a short job to fix them up well. One of the grilles has some wear at the top too.

Price? They normally go for over £500, so these are £400 given the condition. Collection from St Albans preferred.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

amdismal, Mar 11, 2010
Ask a Question