HiCap trouble

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by cyclonebri1, Jun 9, 2006.

1. cyclonebri1

cyclonebri1

Hi Guys,
    Anyone help me with this one? I have a Naim HiCap power supply, ser no 40490. Now it may just have been got at by one of the rest of the family:confused: , but when I put it to bed a few days ago it was fine. But on switching the system on today I get massive hum because the power supply and hence pre amp are not switched in. I never turn these off.
    On inspection the on/off large/only knob on the HiCap rotates freely and the unit doesn't switch ie led not on.

So the switch appears to be cream crackered, questions are;

Can I get one from anywhere?
    Is there someone local to Chesterfield area that could repair?
    As I never switch this thing off, or I could do at the socket, does anyone know the switching arrangement of the 4 wires, 2 brown, 1 blue, 1 red/blue? so that I could solder the connections

Any advice appreciated:cry:
    Bri.

cyclonebri1, Jun 9, 2006
  2. cyclonebri1

zanash

zanash, Jun 9, 2006
  3. cyclonebri1

cyclonebri1

He he,
    Remembered about Les just after I'd posted this, just couldn't remember what he traded as.
    Turns out he's 3min walk from where I work, so within 2 hrs of problem I now have a fully serviced, (new caps and new control switch), HiCap:banana:

Cheers Les,:beer:

Top Bloke.

cyclonebri1, Jun 9, 2006
Ask a Question