HiFi Industry, are they poor at self promotion?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by SCIDB, Aug 13, 2008.

1. SCIDB

D Louth 77

Hi Dev

Permission granted . But i thrive on being able to try out new music genres and artists ,without that i know i would wilt a bit. To my shame i do have stuff i have not listened to or not well enough. i always mean to but just don't get round to it .

I am very lucky and humble about what i have and grateful but there was a time when i had the music and not the kit . I started with a National Panasonic Music Center ,3 in 1 ,back in 1981. For me it has always been about the music .

I know some day downloads etc may give the quality and this is probably down to age but i just love handling physical media . I love books,antiques and art . I am just that kind of guy.

Regards D Louth

D Louth 77, Aug 15, 2008
  2. SCIDB

felix part-time Horta

I don't think that hi-Q reproduction at home will be relegated to the Mamod category: it's the same as any other antiquated machinery: if you want it enough, for whatever reason, you can buy it or make it happen. Did you know there's a project to cast new engine blocks for AC Healeys in a much lighter alloy? Me neither, but it's true, and a great example of the utterly-minority-interest power of the internet to join dots no-one knew existed. Just how many turntable manufacturers are there again..?

Put it this way, if CDs ceased production tomorrow, I have no fear about enjoying 'discs' or at least music in a recognisable 'album' packaging, or maybe not, to the end of my days - which I expect is over 50yrs away. Music itself is one of those precious few things that will truly transcend - and if that's in new ways, sing hooray.

(Edit to add - since I am an architect - it grieves me that the few times that 'home intalls' take place it's driven by a desire generally...to simply spend money. I've heard some truly shite £80k+ installs that fell way outside the control of my own comission...)

felix, Aug 15, 2008
Ask a Question