hifi set up *required* - amp - cd - speakers

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by jacksmith765432, Feb 27, 2009.

1. jacksmith765432

jacksmith765432

hifi set up *required* - amp - CD - speakers - Marantz - Nad - Cambridge - etc.

Require please; a used hifi system set up purely for Cd playing middle of the road but good electronics less is more ethos - speakers four/two with bass connection ideal.
    Not concerned with looks or bells en whistles or even age providing the sound quality is good and open.

Not aufie with all the brands, technology,and vernacular so sorry in advance - however any advice plus offers are welcome and appreciated via members and traders alike.
    (*New/used and or good shop clearance. etc.) In summary required - nothing fancy or overly expensive please:

Music hifi set up:-

amp + base out x1 - CD unit x1 - base speaker/s and or tall tower speaker unit with base speaker/s - x2 - *Negotiable*
    *Collection/cash possible for your ease and convenience S/E region*

Thank you
    Jack Smith

jacksmith765432, Feb 27, 2009
  2. jacksmith765432

rodrat

I think you need to be a bit more specific, what do you mean by 'bass connection' pretty much all speakers will have a connection that goes to the bass. Do you mean active or bi/tri amping? or do you mean a subwoofer. It would also be helpful to mention a budget either individually or for the system annd whether you want floor or stand mount speakers.

rodrat, Feb 27, 2009
  3. jacksmith765432

skinumb

Jack,

I'm spring cleaning some very good sounding old stuff from my spare room. All in fine working order and still used occasionally. They'll all work well in a starter system if that's what you're after. Priced from EBay.

CD Players:
    Denon DCD 620 (sounds as good as any other, just not a looker) - £15
    Marantz CD52 SE MKII (multi-award winner) £59

Integrated Amplifiers:
    Musical Fidelity B1 - £79
    Creek 4140 - £79
    Ion Obelisk 3 - £99

Speakers:
    Wharefdale Linton II (mid size, matching pair, classic old faithfuls, very musical with open midrange. Bass is musical and deep typical of Wharfedale's mid-sized unported enclosure. W 10" x H 19" x D 91/2". The bass drivers are 8") - £10

Allison AL 105 (Very popular in US. Large audiophile bookshelf, but need refoaming which is a DIY job - kits 30dollars on-line) hence only £50

Goodmans Q45 bookshelfs (one's marked on one side - cheerful sound) £20

I live near Bedford (M1 J13) and visit Epsom every week or so (tomorrow, Sat, for instance) and can meet there.

PM me if interested.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
    skinumb, Feb 27, 2009
  4. jacksmith765432

jacksmith765432

*thank you for the feed-back*

Connection back of the amp to drive the sub-woofer; individually. Requirements as described. Thank you the member who pm'd - looking at your list now - will contact once read it properly. :)

5. jacksmith765432

jacksmith765432

Cheers Rich

Cheers Rich going to look at them too - its the sound we want.

6. jacksmith765432

skinumb

Jack, the Obelisk has the pre-amp out from which to run an active subwoofer.

Some subs though can be run parallel from the main speaker terminals though you need to be careful about impedence (I guess) - worth checking if yours fits the bill.

rich

skinumb, Feb 27, 2009
Ask a Question