hifi speakers

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by sj81, Jan 14, 2009.

1. sj81

sj81

any one listened to or no what vaf speakers are like getting some just want some feedback

sj81, Jan 14, 2009
  2. sj81

thrudge

Hi,

And welcome to the forum. You need to post this in the 'HiFi and AV' section, where it will get more attention. 'Show us your kit' is for posting pictures of your stuff and basically saying "Look what I got - nice innit?".

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the speakers you mention, but someone on here is bound to be.

thrudge, Jan 14, 2009
  3. sj81

Dev Moderator

Moved.

Dev, Jan 14, 2009
  4. sj81

SCIDB Moderator

SCIDB, Jan 14, 2009
  5. sj81

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

It would be nice to hear a pair.

Their marketing hype on the web-site is a little extreme.

I would not expect to hear ''the best bass in the world" coming from an 8 inch drive unit, or 2 of them for that matter.

bottleneck, Jan 14, 2009
  6. sj81

dreftar

I have a pair of VAF DC7s that I bought 1996-7 from their manufacturer in SA. I have used them ever since and they are in my house in South Australia. The mid and top is excellent and although the bass is quick it does not have the power to be convincing. The speakers are very musical but do not deliver much volume. They are ported to the rear and as such require clear space to work well.They are not suitable for loud volumes or large rooms and they are difficult to place in a small room. I still use them when I return home for a few weeks holiday each Summer (winter in SA).

dreftar, Jan 14, 2009
Ask a Question