High-End Floorstander

Wanted: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Monstrous, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Monstrous

Monstrous

Looking for a decent (big) floorstander. Shortlist is Monitor Audio PL300 and B&W N802, but open to many others.

Budget of about £3,000.

Monstrous, Mar 14, 2013
  2. Monstrous

mjp200581

If you'd consider a self build kit then have a look at the AOS Studio 100 TL XL ATC.

http://www.aos-lautsprecher.de/deutsch/lautsprecher/classic/studio100.html

I recently bought some of these second hand and they are deeply impressive.

They should also come in under your budget with perhaps a little spare change.

Be warned though, they really are BIG much bigger than they look in the pics.

mjp200581, Mar 16, 2013
  3. Monstrous

rockdog 1960 I only hit it once !

Got a pair of SD1's if you'r interested .not the usual flea-bay tat all the drivers are perfect with just 1 tiny mark on one cabinet but as they are black ash a marker pen hides this easely .As for sound quality I'v owned these for 20 years and just replaced them with monitor audio gx300's thats how good they are but are a bit to big for my current room set up.

rockdog 1960, Mar 16, 2013
  4. Monstrous

Monstrous

I was ideally looking for something with a much higher rrp than my budget to get the most for the money, if that makes sense?

I'd consider these under normal circumstances, but as the speakers I'm looking for are going in a living room, I'm wanting something that also looks very nice to keep my flatmate happy about having these giant boxes in the living room :).

Monstrous, Mar 17, 2013
Ask a Question