hiring a DJ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by angi73, Nov 25, 2005.

1. angi73

angi73

Its my 21st birthday next year(sister 18th too!) , my parents and I are and I'm beginning to look at organising a dj and a band.

I was wondering if anyone had any recent experience with this sortof thing, i've been looking a little but with limited success. I want aprofessional DJ with a good powerfull soundsystem (some decent bass bins :D ), who doesnt play cheesy poppy crap, I want perhaps a mixture of funky house/dance/dnb etc with some crowd pleasers. Basically one who actually has some taste, and can be trusted. We are aexpecting about 160 people.

Any tips on where to look? Im going to look in yellow pages and have been searching the internet.

What do you reckon are the most important things to consider when choseing a dj. Ditto a band to be honest.

angi73, Nov 25, 2005
  2. angi73

johnhunt recidivist

personally i wouldn't bother with a band - anything half decent will cost big money

spend the money on a comedian or similar

johnhunt, Nov 25, 2005
  3. angi73

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

get personel recomendations from mates then go and see the guy in action at a simler type gig,same with bands.Another option is to use an agent but that tends to put the price up,or you could hire all the kit yourself and get a mate to dj

themadhippy, Nov 25, 2005
Ask a Question