Hoping to see New Order live tonight

Discussion in 'General Music' started by amazingtrade, Jan 30, 2005.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

There are strong rumours going round that New Order a doing a set at a charity gig I am going to tonight. Comfirmed acts are Longcut, Elbow, Badly Drawn Boy and some bands I haven't heared off.

Should be a good night and all the money I paid for tickets goes to the Tnsumi appeal.

amazingtrade, Jan 30, 2005
  2. amazingtrade

lordsummit moderate mod

I did think about going to that, but I hate sunday gigs, I'm always knackered going to work, and there's a whole week to get through.....
    I'll be very envious if the rumour is true. I would have thought they'd publicise it if they were going to play, because the last time I looked they hadn't sold out

lordsummit, Jan 30, 2005
  3. amazingtrade

I've checked on the site and it seems its confirmed that Hooky and Phil (the new member) are doing a half an hour slot. It was the same when they did a slot at the Rob Gretton gig, that was never advertised. I think its due to logistcial reasons, they probably don't want an load drunken New Order fans there!

Also apparantly the schedule has been changed due to an adition of a major manc band which I assume is possibly New Order (or at least half of them). A Certain Ratio as also performing there so maybe Hooky will do somthing with them.

I was at the NME gig on Friday but it was a bit rough and I thought the Killers set sounded too much like their album, there was no originality on it. Bloc Party were good though.

PS One of the joys of being a student is that I don't have to be in till 11:00 tomorrow, so I am not up till 9. It dosn;t finsh till 11 though.

Also have you heared their new single Krafty yet?

4. amazingtrade

They didn't turn up, hooky went on the stage and said they had the flu so they couldn't do it.

The bands that did play were good though and Badly Drawn Boy was surprisingly good.

5. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Surprisingly? How do you mean..... you don't like his stuff, or just wasn't expecting much live?

I like his stuff, but have heard mixed reports about his live shows.

MO!, Jan 31, 2005
  6. amazingtrade

I do quite like his stuff, but I thought it would be quite boring live because the music is quite slow. However his wonderful sense of humour and the brilliatness of his keyboard playing made his gig very good.

I do think his gigs are more suitable for pubs or classical music venues where he prefers to play though.

Its the perfect antidote to rough rock/indie gigs.

amazingtrade, Jan 31, 2005
Ask a Question