Horror Story But True..or Can It Be!!!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by nando, Apr 11, 2008.

1. nando

nando nando

EBAY HAVE NOW IMPOSED "WITH OUT CONSULTING" THEIR MENBERS THAT THEY MUST LIST PAYMENTS BY PAYPAL,
    if you like it or not when you list an item they will put a "P" next to your listing, and chage you a further fee, and this particular poor seller sold an amp brand new iin a sealed box, (know him) paypal buyer contacted paypal and told them that the "amp" was all scratch and not working,,paypal gave him a refund deducted the money from the seller's account,, when the seller got the amp back it was a 5 year old discontiud model, paypal said no case,wow,

nando, Apr 11, 2008
  2. nando

Tenson Moderator

Yup, their system for filing a claim is a bit crap. But it can work the other way around too, with the buyer being hard done.

Tenson, Apr 11, 2008
  3. nando

ShinOBIWAN

I think any one who's been on ebay for a few years, or has say 100+ feedback, has a horror story to tell. A good number are related to Paypal too.

I've been stung too but thankfully nothing that's left me out of pocket by more than £20. My tip is to avoid the games console type sections - its seems to be a hot spot of unreliable teenage kids who don't follow through on deals.

As for forcing paypal on all auction, I think its a good thing overall. When I'm selling the last thing I want to be doing is messing around with a cheque and its surprising how many want to use this. And when I'm buying the opposite is true, I don't want to wait 2 weeks for whatever I've bought because the seller insists on a cheque and all the delays this entails.

A good way to protect yourself is to thoroughly photograph whatever it is your selling so that should an issue come up you have some form of proof. Also demand photo's should the item arrive and the buyer claims its damaged, the honest ones will do this almost without asking.

ShinOBIWAN, Apr 12, 2008
  4. nando

Bob McC living the life of Riley

If you really want to worry about paypal carefully read the terms and conditions you've agreed to and then think just who they want to send your data to or who may demand it off them.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2008
    Bob McC, Apr 12, 2008
  5. nando

nando nando

that is very true, is not safe,
    nando

nando, Apr 12, 2008
Ask a Question